Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair Argos

Options
  • 10-05-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. So I dropped in my faulty laptop to get repaired on the 1st of March in Argos.
    On the 25th of March got a missed saying the shop was closed and my laptop wasn’t back.
    I can’t get through to the store by phone. Ive sent numerous emails with no reply.
    Tried chat with Argos UK and got nowhere.
    Tried ringing the Irish phone number and was on hold for over an hour.
    I can’t get through to them.
    My laptop should have been back before they closed.
    What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Hi. So I dropped in my faulty laptop to get repaired on the 1st of March in Argos.
    On the 25th of March got a missed saying the shop was closed and my laptop wasn’t back.
    I can’t get through to the store by phone. Ive sent numerous emails with no reply.
    Tried chat with Argos UK and got nowhere.
    Tried ringing the Irish phone number and was on hold for over an hour.
    I can’t get through to them.
    My laptop should have been back before they closed.
    What can I do?

Wait for the shop to reopen and get it back. As you may realise Argos are not allowed open their shops so until they are you are snookered

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

whippet wrote: »
    Wait for the shop to reopen and get it back. As you may realise Argos are not allowed open their shops so until they are you are snookered

They are still delivering stuff online no?
    The laptop should have been back before they closed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    They are still delivering stuff online no?
    The laptop should have been back before they closed as well.

Warehouse and service centres would be two different places ... the service centre is obviously closed.

It may well have been due back before the lockdown.. but stuff gets delayed all the time.

Getting worked up about it won’t change the situation when there is nothing they can do about it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

whippet wrote: »
    Warehouse and service centres would be two different places ... the service centre is obviously closed.

It may well have been due back before the lockdown.. but stuff gets delayed all the time.

Getting worked up about it won’t change the situation when there is nothing they can do about it

Really don’t think I’m getting ‘worked up’ about it.

Thanks for your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just have to wait it out unfortunately. My gf car was in the garage before lockdown, we couldnt go and get it and they closed so it's just there waiting now. Unfortunate but nothing you can do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement