Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the world ****ed or will we all be grand??

Options
  • 09-05-2020 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

I think we'll eventually be grand but in the mean time, we're proper ****ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Half ****ed, half grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Spoiler - The rich **** will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Everything will be fine, no point worrying over things one can't change, and all we can do is change the things we can change to make our lives better.
    Try and live within one's means and appreciate your family and friends and loved ones, they are what make life worth living, if you have that and your health then one should be happy or grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,154 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Depends on how materialistic you are.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Depends on how materialistic you are.

Well I do like materials, but I also like my health. I have a general feeling of ****edness though

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Everything will be fine, no point worrying over things one can't change, and all we can do is change the things we can change to make our lives better.
    Try and live within one's means and appreciate your family and friends and loved ones, they are what make life worth living, if you have that and your health then one should be happy or grand...

I don't get to see my loved ones much because of the overall ****edness brought about by this virus

• Registered Users Posts: 33,154 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well I do like materials, but I also like my health. I have a general feeling of ****edness though
    I don't get to see my loved ones much because of the overall ****edness brought about by this virus

That's just temporry though.

Your health will be fine. Mental health might be the tricky bit, but if you have good firends and family, you'll make it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It will not last forever, that is all we have to remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

On what kind of time scale?
    Entropy would mean the whole universe will be ****ed eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Worse things have happened in the past, yet we're here. We're lucky that all EU countries are affected in a way because a stimulus package will be magiced up to get economies moving again.

Look after yourself as best you can, find something to keep you occupied and seriously limit your news exposure to protect your mental health.

I look at RTE news now once a day for updates and ignore all other coverage. I used to watch the news like a hawk but feel infinitely better since I stopped.

This too shall pass.

• Advertisement

Read all about it in the Sunday Independent, starring Johnny Ronan.

What a Dickhead he really is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

What a Dickhead he really is

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

To be honest is it a surprise?

Look at the state of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Tis a fair bit ****ed Tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Tis a fair bit ****ed Tbf.

Electric and internet is still running. What's the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

~ 66 million years since the previous mass extinction. Seems likely time for another, if we're not already in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'Ah shur look"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Life has to continue, it's only a matter of time before the government accept the reality of who should be allowed die. My biggest surprise is how they sacrificed the economy but let death roll right in to the nursing homes, conspiracy theory gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Spoiler - The rich **** will be grand.

It's a balancing act. If they're too grand they'll be dragged out of their homes at night by 'the poors' and beaten to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭This is it

We'll be grand. Glass half full :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

F.U.B.A.R. is the phrase that comes to mind.

20/30 years ago ,the jobs myself and my family were working would have left us in the sh1t right now. Just lucky that today ,for the moment, they seem secure enough.

But, jeez, there must be a lot of folks out there with serious worries right now regarding a resumption of employment ,on top of health worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

We'll session through the recession.

Advertisement