Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building sunroom

Options
  • 09-05-2020 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Has anyone built a 20 m2 sunroom onto the back of their house (pitched roof with velux windows)...what was the cost roughly and any tips ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Would also be interested to know this, currently thinking about this, also what type of price would you be looking at for someone to put velux window in to pitched roof at back of house., any help with this would be great,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Yes I’m getting that exact thing done next Monday:

21sqm
    Moving back wall of house out c3m
    Reusing existing door and window
    Create larger Open plan kitchen/living area
    2 velux uk10 windows
    Pitched Lean to roof - built Like flat roof with fibreglass but slates added to match existing roof as angle 15 degrees

Built to very high standard to match existing house (2015 new build)

Cost €63k all in.

Got 5 quotes and went with most expensive as didn’t trust other builders - lowest quote was €55k

Hope that’s helpful. I know I added c€5k to cost as I’m getting steel beam inset into existing roof, rather than have protruding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 society

Thanks it’s more expensive than I thought. I’m not extending the kitchen or knocking wall through so thought it might be circa 30k ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

society wrote: »
    Thanks it’s more expensive than I thought. I’m not extending the kitchen or knocking wall through so thought it might be circa 30k ...

I seriously doubt it would be that low - you’re probably still talking 40-50k

Advertisement