Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you wear out your fingerprints?

Options
  • 09-05-2020 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Oi! No! Not like that!:pac:

I'm just fed up with my pre-programmed fingerprints not working on my phone. It's not usually a problem but with constant hand-washing, my fingertips will be different-ish.

When I was a child, my elder sibling made me complicit in making a baby sibling touch a hot light bulb. (I was very young). And his actual fingerprints disappeared (but re-appeared). And I told him.

But why do I have to re-program my phone so often?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Save the same print twice, that sorts it.
    Fun fact, when I was small I had pretty bad eczema on my hands, prints disappeared altogether for long periods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

Badly Drunk Boy, if that is who you really are, it is more often
    finger placement(ooeerrr missus) than disappearing finger prints
    that causes the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm using the right-hand index finger usually. Even though I do, I should probably clean the sensor more frequently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

Would there be anything to be said for a numeric password, or a traceable pattern..

Ach to hell with that, will just take the paint stripper to my finger tips. That'll work. Get her done.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe you have adermatoglyphia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

Yup mine are rubbed out , got pulled in jfk and held for a hour because I have no visible finger prints and every time I go to the states when they scan my finger prints they look sideways at the screen baffled but there is a note on my file to say they confirmed I’m ok, the joys of a tradesman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’d say a fair percentage of the punters around here have fingerprints on their flute from all the **** they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Oi! No! Not like that!:pac:

I'm just fed up with my pre-programmed fingerprints not working on my phone. It's not usually a problem but with constant hand-washing, my fingertips will be different-ish.

When I was a child, my elder sibling made me complicit in making a baby sibling touch a hot light bulb. (I was very young). And his actual fingerprints disappeared (but re-appeared). And I told him.

But why do I have to re-program my phone so often?
    Local gym has images of all ten prints some members for the finger scan and a code just in case it doesn't recognise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

d-don wrote: »
    Yup mine are rubbed out , got pulled in jfk and held for a hour because I have no visible finger prints and every time I go to the states when they scan my finger prints they look sideways at the screen baffled but there is a note on my file to say they confirmed I’m ok, the joys of a tradesman
    I knew a guy (in his eighties), no dabs because of a severe condition contracted from chrome-plated metal - he was a professional drummer all his life. He used to get grilled on every entry to the US - they must have thought he was a retired Mafia hitman!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement