Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dentists must open

• 08-05-2020 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi all, it is insane that ppl may not be able to get dental treatment in the current situation. We are back in the 1700s with essential services being shut down.

Not many know, but tooth pain caused by infection CAN be fatal (Nothing to do with covid19 btw), IF it spreads to other parts of the body. Ppl may not get antibiotics for it & cud be in great danger.

Ppl that need fillings are going to end up needing far more extensive AND more expensive treatments such as root-canals, crowns, bridges mayb, if normal procedures dont resume within the next couple of months. This is personally quite frightening but no one is speaking out, every1 is just thinking like a herd mentality believing news channels that tell them everything is "not so bad". :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Hi all, it is insane that ppl may not be able to get dental treatment in the current situation. We are back in the 1700s with essential services being shut down.

Not many know, but an abscess or big toothache CAN be fatal.

Ppl that need fillings are going to end up needing far more extensive AND more expensive treatments such as root-canals, crowns, bridges mayb, if normal procedures dont resume within the next couple of months. This is personally quite frightening but no one is speaking out, every1 is just thinking like a herd mentality believing news channels that tell them everything is "not so bad". :(

Mine had been closed for 5 weeks after i started a new treatment (Invisalign) two days before.

They opened up (usually ten patients in at a time) with one patient at a time last week. Today I had more work done again by myself. Temperature taken, full face masks on the dentist and assistant including visor, not allowed into the surgery until they called me from the parking lot.

They have been cleared to open with restrictions from next monday coming... they have had to have all staff tested and still will restrict the numbers to 5 at a time (leaving one booth clear while the one in use is cleaned and disinfected after the previous patient.)

They are completely booked out all ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I brought my son to the dentist before there were confirmed cases in Ireland, to try to avoid him needing to go if the disease did take hold here. His teeth were fine. It was very easy to get an appointment. Anyone I knew who was aware of me doing stuff like that thought I was being hysterical.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 1Q2WHYUUU

Good move always go with your instincts
    To hell with what others think I gave up worrying about others
    Judgements a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Dianthus

The Minister for Health has agreed to meet with the Irish Dental Association this evening, so there should be a plan of action thereafter.
    Great to hear that the orthodontic practice is prioritizing staff& patient safety.
    Equally great to hear of a proactive parent.

Advertisement