Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well...that was one helluva day.. cheque please!

Options
  • 08-05-2020 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

I always keep water by my bed because I often wake up thirsty (too much booze)...I normally muscle memorably reach for the water glass without spilling buy not today, no sirree bob.

I managed to wake myself up by tipping a glass of water all over my face. I thought to myself...well, that wasn't very smart (I am so smart s.m.r.t...i mean s.m.a.r.t)... undefeated I soldiered on knowing I had a zoom interview in an hour's time. I have never used zoom.

The interview was at 11am..so I adjusted the lights and topped up my lipstick and I sat and I waited. and waited... and waited....and de ja vu... waited.

Turns out I had not hit "join group call" as I'm not familiar with this stupid zoom carry on so they were also waiting for me to join.

If this forum was a cinema seat I'd encourage you not to pay for all of it because you'll never use the edge...they didn't hire me or even give me a second chance.

I hate zoom. I hate interviews and I hate these weird ass times.

Point of my thread is...I don't know...ever had a bad zoom interview? Or interview in general?
    Bah humbug

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,184 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Person of my close acquaintance had a zoom interview. Very unenthusiastic, however one of main issues - very poor rural broadband - turned out to be an advantage. They all spent so much time trying to adjust it, reconnect, get it to work that the interview didn't have chance to get fraught. It was never going to happen anyway as person said 'I don't have the particular bit of experience they need'. Agency said 'ah sure you'll be fine'. They said 'you do not have the particular bit of experience we need'. Back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Porklife wrote: »
    I always keep water by my bed because I often wake up thirsty (too much booze)...I normally muscle memorably reach for the glass without spilling. Not today, no sirree.
    I managed to wake myself up by tipping a glass of water all over my face. I thought to myself...well, that wasn't very smart (s.m.r.t...i mean s.m.a.r.t)... undefeated I soldiered on knowing I had a zoom interview in an hour's time. I have never used zoom.

The interview was at 11am..so I adjusted the lights and topped up my lipstick and I sat and I waited. and waited... and waited....and de ja vu... waited.

Turns out I had not hit "join group call" as I'm not familiar with this stupid zoom carry on so they were also waiting for me to join.

If this forum was a cinema seat I'd encourage you not to pay for all of it because you'll never use the edge...they didn't hire me or even give me a second chance.

I hate zoom. I hate interviews and I hate these weird ass times.

Point of my thread is...I don't know...ever had a bad zoom interview? Or interview in general?
    Bah humbug

Never used zoom. Seems a little naive to not check out the app before using it in an interview, but sure, you live, you learn. Move on to the next interview, i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

looksee wrote: »
    Person of my close acquaintance had a zoom interview. Very unenthusiastic, however one of main issues - very poor rural broadband - turned out to be an advantage. They all spent so much time trying to adjust it, reconnect, get it to work that the interview didn't have chance to get fraught. It was never going to happen anyway as person said 'I don't have the particular bit of experience they need'. Agency said 'ah sure you'll be fine'. They said 'you do not have the particular bit of experience we need'. Back to the drawing board.

Today for me was like standing on a plug on the way to the kitchen then the toast catching fire even though it's still in the cupboard and the cold water tap burned me

Hate this false reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Ishmael wrote: »
    Never used zoom. Seems a little naive to not check out the app before using it in an interview, but sure, you live, you learn. Move on to the next interview, i suppose.

I'm not naive..I tried with my flatmate an hour before the call. It's a weird platform. My thread was supposed to be light hearted but my sense of humour gets lost in here sometimes. Just a **** day was my point:)

Advertisement