Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2014 Passat led fog lights

Options
  • 07-05-2020 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey I'm just wondering could anyone tell me what fitment these would be.. according to everything I google it's h11 but I bought h11 led bulb's/units and they're not right at all.. the pins on the h11 were vertical and the standard ones are horizontal.. looking for white led ones if anyone could point me in the right direction..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Most replacement bulbs have a number on it so you match up with the same one,have you seen the bulb?
    H3 , H8.I would imagine your owners manual will also mention what bulbs are fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why would you change them the yellow light off halogen is best in fog conditions, please don't fit these and then drive around with them on....

It's like those with the nissan Duke where you not only have 2 lights, not 4 lights but 6 white lights to the front and a few others like this....

Amount driving with fogs on is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

I'm a donkey, don't know why but I've been calling them fog lights, but they're daytime running light's and they're always on.. so a quick Google of that sorted me out, sorry for wasting your time and being a pleb haha

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is DRL on those beside the fog light?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is DRL on those beside the fog light?
    I think so.. but looking at another google, I don't have front fogs but have drl's.. obviously that's what's been causing my confusion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Take the old bulb out and see what is written on it, fitment will be on it.

Advertisement