Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Virgin tv signal be split ?

Options
  • 07-05-2020 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi guys, a friend of mine got an 'upgrade' from Virgin. They took away his Horizon box and replaced it with a smaller box and 2 multi rooms boxes. Before they put in the 2 multi room boxes he used a splitter and scart to connect another portable tv in a room. Today after the new boxes were installed the room that was used via the splitter doesn't work anymore. The screen is just plain pink in colour.

Just wondering if they might have blocked it now, or maybe a different splitter might be required ? The chap is elderly and not even in the same county as me, so I that's all I know on the situation.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

The 'splitter' must be a modulator (Triax Tri-link or similar) that was fed with SCART from the Horizon box, with a coaxial cable feeding the portable TV's tuner?

This setup won't work unless the analogue video feed to the modulator can be restored.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I’ve reviewed the thread and am satisfied piracy is not being discussed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Sounds like your friend is on the new box trial? Taking away Horizon and getting a smaller box. Only other explanation off smaller box is that it's a non recordable box which seems very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

the new box doesn't have scart so his previous setup wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

It actually does but it's a mini. Old setup may or may not work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Delta2113 wrote: »
    It actually does but it's a mini. Old setup may or may not work.

my bad, it does! havent seen a scart din connector in years!!

op would need something like this probably:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scart-Adapter-Cable-External-Female-Black/dp/B076F78RRR

Advertisement