Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Servicing over the next while

Options
  • 07-05-2020 4:30pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've a 2012 Yaris hybrid. It's got 59,600 miles on the clock, UK import.

With the current restrictions I'm barely using it, bar for an appointment every few weeks. I've not been on the M50 since mid-March and I'll be working from home until phase 5 at least, doing less mileage compared to last year. Normally, I get it serviced in July/August. The last one was end of July 2019, at 55,000 miles. The sticker (we want your money) they put in the window says the next service should be July 2020 or 70,000 miles whichever comes first. Last year was intermediate, so on paper she'd be due a full.

I'm wondering if there's a need for a service at all, whilst also keeping the hybrid battery in mind. Or perhaps just go basic service again. NCT is due in Sept too.

What are you hybrid folk doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Make sure you get the Hybrid Health Check done in a dealer. Covers big battery for 12 months/ 15,000km. Plugs are due at 90,000km (60k miles) in the Hybrid.

If it were mine: Minor service, Plugs and Hybrid Health Check ( free with service anyway) in late August before NCT. €170 for Service & HHC. Plugs are around €100 fitted I think, they are special long life jobbies.

€270 for 12+ months motoring. A fiver a week. Those yokes are bulletproof.

Make sure if you are not driving it that you start the engine to keep the battery charged at least once a week. Power up so "READY" is on the dash. Don't drive it, just leave gearbox in P. Let it run / cut out / run for 30+ mins. Job done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sorry for the delay, I missed the reply.

I got her serviced in mid-July, including the health check. NCT was due for Sept, but has been postponed until January due to Covid.

Back box on the exhaust went at the weekend. It's taken a bit of ringing around to get somewhere that can source the part, nowhere can seem to in terms of their own suppliers. It's ultimately coming from Toyota Ireland. Quote is around €260 before fitting, incl VAT. Trying Toyota in Northern Ireland to see if there's any difference and if I can get it myself, I won't ask a main dealer to fit it.

60k on it now (miles), that aside, it's going well.

Advertisement