Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snagging - DIY or get someone in

Options
  • 07-05-2020 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

We are at the stage whereby we can actually snag the house, I don't expect a huge amount of points as we actually snagged stuff as we progressed during the build.

However, at this stage we need to do the final snag - what do people recommend - DIY or pay a snagger to come in?

Are there any good snag lists for a self snag? Alternatively any recommendations for a snagger in south kildare area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

I would suggest a professional... no offence to DIY'ers but they dont always know what they are looking for whats as per regulations and what isn't. Its up to you but a couple of 100 spent now would in my opinion be a very worthy investment in ensuring high level of finish.

Cant recommended anyone in that area unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭selfbuild17

Did you have a professional like an architect/engineer/AT/surveyor involved in the build? Could you ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Doop wrote: »
    I would suggest a professional... no offence to DIY'ers but they dont always know what they are looking for whats as per regulations and what isn't. Its up to you but a couple of 100 spent now would in my opinion be a very worthy investment in ensuring high level of finish.

Cant recommended anyone in that area unfortunately

What exact scope have you in mind here when you talk about per regulations?
    There is a risk of raising expectations here.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

What exact scope have you in mind here when you talk about per regulations?
    There is a risk of raising expectations here.

Simple things such as restrictors on windows etc

Advertisement