Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/worst thing you saw on the school bus?

Options
  • 07-05-2020 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Stolen from a thread on twitter - some funny stories.

Back in first year we used to each pay one of my friends 20p to fire insults at the 7th years: “joe you big stupid cúnt” “your da’s gay” and so on. He and his schoolbag would then be trailed up to the back of the bus and put under one of the seats and kept there until the end of the journey with a few digs and the odd wedgie thrown in for good measure

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

armaghlad wrote: »
    Stolen from a thread on twitter - some funny stories.

Back in first year we used to each pay one of my friends 20p to fire insults at the 7th years: “joe you big stupid cúnt” “your da’s gay” and so on. He and his schoolbag would then be trailed up to the back of the bus and put under one of the seats and kept there until the end of the journey with a few digs and the odd wedgie thrown in for good measure

Omg. Too funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Quite a few years ago, school bus driver was drunk after school for the pick up. Two fifth year students drove everyone home, (those were the days) they may have been dropped off two hours late, but they made it home..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

So we're going to celebrate bullying? I'd that the aim of the thread OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I remember a girl in our class going up to bus driver she fancied to ask him out, she was about 17 he probably late 20s. I think she got his number. This was circa 1988. Yer man looked kind of like Chris De Burgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Sac O Spuds

7th years? Jaysus ye must be woeful thick altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

7th years? Jaysus ye must be woeful thick altogether.
    UK people. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I remember the vibrations on the bus would cause a young Johnnyflash to get unwanted boners. Always awkward trying to hide them with your jacket, or doing that thing where you tucked it into the waist of your trousers.

A young wan lost a bet one day and went topless

She was my cousin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The wheels going round and round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

UK people. ;)

'Sickth form'

Nordies :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The wheels going round and round.

On some of the old wrecks that were used by Bus Eireann you be lucky if the wheels did go round and round.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I saw a kid pick some chewing gum out from under the seat and eat it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

00e8708703084555735c4f38ef2ae361.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

On some of the old wrecks that were used by Bus Eireann you be lucky if the wheels did go round and round.

I always hoped they wouldn't :(

Could be something out of Mad Max those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭lolie

Back in national school a lad a few classes older than me wound not messing with a football after been told a few times to sit down and stop by the bus driver.
    Driver got pissed of and slamed on the brakes and the lad went flying down the centre of the bus and busted his mouth of the metal pole behind the driver seat.
    The driver stopped and attended to him but nothing ever came of it and he's still driving the same route 30 yrs later.

Best thing was the big bump at the butt of a hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I saw a kid pick some chewing gum out from under the seat and eat it. :eek:

MODs!!!
    Please provide eye bleach so I can unsee that post!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Never had the privilege of a school bus, living in a city. Plenty to be seen on the usual bus route to and from school.

Used the schoolbus in the Gaeltacht, driver was belting around the back roads and had to slam on the breaks. Everyone went flying , myself and another lad ended up in the steps down, lads upside down. Except for one girl who remained in her seat entirely. Her words were "I don't understand how that happened".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

Does a bus full of engine fumes count? Ah the 90s, what a great time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

we are talking the 70s we got the bus to secondary school, anyway the drive who must have been 70 and the bus nearly as old, he keep a shillelagh stick beside him if things got out of hand he would just suddenly stop the bus could be anywhere get up wave the stick and shout then sit down and take off again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I remember a girl in our class going up to bus driver she fancied to ask him out, she was about 17 he probably late 20s. I think she got his number. This was circa 1988. Yer man looked kind of like Chris De Burgh.
    She had a Werewolf Fetish at 17 years old ! !:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Sometimes we would be fighting on the bus and maybe one or two would end up in the doorbell of the bus. Mostly not 100% fighting maybe 80% or so. We might tickle some of the Girls ( probably get locked up for it nowadays ). All pretty harmless.

Advertisement