Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbour jackets advice

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I only know of the waxed types, but out of those two I'd be going for the first in your list the International myself. Classic design going back many decades all the way to submarine crew in WW2 and Steve McQueen when he was racing motorbikes. That's just me mind you and my taste is dubious. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d go with the first one, buttons hiding the zip is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

Thanks both - I've gone for the first one finally, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Very nice..was looking at Barbour myself..

Anyone know what the fitting is like?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

I actually bit the bullet and ordered both, 180 all in for both and should hopefully last me a few years. :pac:

Will return the biker one if don't like it though. Getting delivered tomorrow, ordered large in both, will let you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Not sure how we regarded it is, but I picked up a Barbour Ariel jacket today for the princely sum of £60 + shipping! From Flannels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Not sure how we regarded it is, but I picked up a Barbour Ariel jacket today for the princely sum of £60 + shipping! From Flannels.

What’s the fit like pat

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

What’s the fit like pat

Haven't got it yet but most of what I've read suggests they're a slim fit and to size up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Just had a look at mine there, I'm 5'10" and 13 stone and all are Barbour International.
    A tight fitting wax jacket medium.
    A tight fitting jacket large.
    A loose fitting bomber jacket large.
    A loose fitting gilet medium.
    A tight fitting wax bomber medium.

My wife and I always buy Barbour clothes in store because the fit is so different from each model to the next even in shirts, jumpers etc.
    She has jackets from regular Barbour and Beacon in addition to International.
    Once you get one that fits you they are brilliant items that can be dressed up or down and are very long wearing.

Advertisement