Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second hand Leaf value

Options
  • 05-05-2020 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As some of you may know, I have my 161 30kWh Leaf Accenta up for sale.

I was due to upgrade car in the pretty near future, but that has been pushed out a bit just now. I was reducing the ad price, initially from 13.5 to 12.5 now

My ad is here - https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/2016-nissan-leaf-30kwh/20146589

I'm not under any pressure to sell and I am now thinking that I have priced it too low.

I'm thinking I should really have it up for €13k and entertain conversations that are just a few hundred below that.

Obviously it's a bad time to sell as people can't actually see it but in say 7/8 weeks time, people might be able to come see it then :)

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I am now thinking that I have priced it too low.

It's obviously not priced too low, otherwise it would have been sold already or you would have people queuing up to fight over it :p

The ad is fine, the asking price is fine. I would add that the battery and drivetrain are still under Nissan warranty - for another 4 years I think? Also correct the spelling of the model, it's not "Accenta" and mention the Irish equivalent spec of "SV"

What doesn't help you is the colour of the car, that you are in Cork (during a lockdown) and that the charger is only 3.3kW

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Put it up on Donedeal also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

unkel wrote: »
    It's obviously not priced too low, otherwise it would have been sold already or you would have people queuing up to fight over it :p

The ad is fine, the asking price is fine. I would add that the battery and drivetrain are still under Nissan warranty - for another 4 years I think? Also correct the spelling of the model, it's not "Accenta" and mention the Irish equivalent spec of "SV"

What doesn't help you is the colour of the car, that you are in Cork (during a lockdown) and that the charger is only 3.3kW

Will update there soon.

I think the fact that no one is beating down the door to see it is due to the virus 😃

I do have what seems serious enough interest in Cork so let's see where that goes.

Obviously the current lockdown makes things very difficult (rightly so in fairness)

Oh, I have the ad on Done Deal and Cars Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭zg3409

Tax is out, is it declared off the road? No mention of annual tax where it should be on ad.
    Lots of mention of no nct, better to say nct will be performed when centres open again but can sell car before then.

Photos could be better, shadows & sunset. I don't like photos in an empty car park as it looks like seller is trying to hide hone address.

Better than most ads. Personally I would not advertise when people can not see it, and price it once to sell. When people see price dropping they may wait for it to drop more or my be on to other cars. Look at similar cars in your area, and see if they are selling or if they too are overpriced and not selling.

zg3409 wrote: »
    Tax is out, is it declared off the road? No mention of annual tax where it should be on ad.
    Lots of mention of no nct, better to say nct will be performed when centres open again but can sell car before then.

Photos could be better, shadows & sunset. I don't like photos in an empty car park as it looks like seller is trying to hide hone address.

Better than most ads. Personally I would not advertise when people can not see it, and price it once to sell. When people see price dropping they may wait for it to drop more or my be on to other cars. Look at similar cars in your area, and see if they are selling or if they too are overpriced and not selling.

Hi,

Cheers for the feedback.

Tax is up at the end of May. I'll be extending it beyond then if needed.

Will update the ad to give tax info.

Agreed on the way to sum up the nct delay, will update.

I deliberately took the photos away from the house, I don't really feel comfortable with my house being displayed up on the internet. But hey that's just me.

I think the photos look pretty good, but I'm open to correction :)

I think you could be right about putting the ad on ice for a while.

I might have one interested party nearby, once I see the outcome of that, I'll put the ad on lockdown itself for a few weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

As you said, bad time to sell, worst time imaginable actually.
    Would you not take it down and wait? The problem is not the price or the ad or anything to do with it.

JPA wrote: »
    As you said, bad time to sell, worst time imaginable actually.
    Would you not take it down and wait? The problem is not the price or the ad or anything to do with it.

Yup, agreed. Another few days and I'll put it on ice.

Looks like it's July 20th at least until anyone can really see it.

This travel ban and shutting down the country has to stop, it's disgraceful, enough is enough!

This travel ban and shutting down the country has to stop, it's disgraceful, enough is enough!

😊 It will in due course :)

😊 It will in due course :)

Not fast enough, the Government are trying to destroy the economy. The taxpayer will be left to pay the welfare and try to bail out some companies and I already pay far too much income tax inc USC. They won't increase corporation tax to relieve the burden of tax on the working man because this is Ireland.INC.

Leo isn't even elected by the people yet he stands up there talking absolute sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Let's cut the general discussion of Covid-19, plenty of other places on boards.ie for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Just as a reference point for you, I sold a low mileage 141 Tekna 24 in February for €12.5. Obviously the market has changed a lot since then, but €13k sounds perfectly reasonable for yours if not a bit cheap.

I’d say you just need to wait for the right person to come along. Mine got no interest for a month, then two enquires within a couple of days and was gone that week. All meaningful enquiries came from adverts.ie, none from Donedeal/carzone.

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Just as a reference point for you, I sold a low mileage 141 Tekna 24 in February for €12.5. Obviously the market has changed a lot since then, but €13k sounds perfectly reasonable for yours if not a bit cheap.

I’d say you just need to wait for the right person to come along. Mine got no interest for a month, then two enquires within a couple of days and was gone that week. All meaningful enquiries came from adverts.ie, none from Donedeal/carzone.

Cheers for the advice. I think 13k is reasonable too. Its 1k under what dealers are asking for similar spec Leafs. Cheers for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was interested in your car when 1st posted, until I saw it lacked the 6.6 charger.

Its a decent price. If there wasn't a pandemic, I'd say it would have sold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Zenith74 wrote: »

As in February just 3 months ago. Or February 2019.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I was interested in your car when 1st posted, until I saw it lacked the 6.6 charger.

Its a decent price. If there wasn't a pandemic, I'd say it would have sold.

Thanks for the feedback.

The 6.6kw Charger would be great to have alright.

For myself when I charge at work i get 15/16% an hour.

With a 6.6kw charger it would be 30% I think.

Did you find a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks for the feedback.

The 6.6kw Charger would be great to have alright.

For myself when I charge at work i get 15/16% an hour.

With a 6.6kw charger it would be 30% I think.

Did you find a car?

Never found one.....sticking with the 141 Tekna for now.
    Pandemic didn't help of course.

Hopefully something will turn up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Add looks fine, I've no problem with pics in an open car park. You took loads and they are nice and clear which I like to see.

I've no clue on prices but those in the know are suggesting its good. I think your potential buyer will be a conservative individual so unlikely to do any travel or break the rules until permitted.

So I would hold on.

traco wrote: »
    Add looks fine, I've no problem with pics in an open car park. You took loads and they are nice and clear which I like to see.

I've no clue on prices but those in the know are suggesting its good. I think your potential buyer will be a conservative individual so unlikely to do any travel or break the rules until permitted.

So I would hold on.

And tbh I don't want to go breaking rules either. I think it's mid June that I could realistically meet people in the immediate Cork area and mid July for everyone else.

Cheers for the feedback.

• Advertisement

Ad withdrawn from Adverts and DoneDeal.

Seem to be unable to withdraw the ad on Cars Ireland - only remove (delete basically)

Will post new ads in a while.

Cheers :)

Advertisement