Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cropping a Photo but it Zooms in

Options
  • 04-05-2020 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I have a picture from a camera phone. I want to crop it so as to remove a couple of the people in the picture so it is just me in the picture (it is for a work profile).

However when I crop the picture, it seems to zoom in and get a closer view of me. If anything I am trying to zoom out so the picture is a bit smaller & is not zoomed in, so I can use it as a work profile picture on the internal messaging system.

Any idea what I can do?

I have an android phone.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you make the photo smaller by cropping, everything else remaining in the photo will be comparatively larger in the remaining photo.
    i.e. if X takes up a quarter of the photo say, and you crop the photo to half its original size, assuming you haven't cropped X out, it now takes up half the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As magic says, this is what cropping does.

What you need to do is remove the others within the same frame size. Find a friend who's familiar with photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,015 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You need to crop it and resize it to make it smaller.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I have an android phone.

Take another photo without the others in it......

Advertisement