Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gully drain is not emptying

Options
  • 04-05-2020 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

I had my back garden tiled over and a gully drain was installed as per the attached picture. The drain won't empty - I assumed this was because of a blockage, however, I manually emptied the drain and it filled up again about 15 minutes later (the kitchen sink was emptied much the same time so possibly this is connected). I also put a hose down the drain and didn't encounter any obvious blockage.

My worry is that the builder got the drainage levels wrong and the gully drain is too low, meaning all the work needs to be pulled up to fix the problem. I'd be grateful for any views on the issue?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,013 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thats an acco drainage channel to take rain water away from your walls... your sink, or any other foul water, should have absolutely nothing to with it, nor should it refill in 15 minutes .....

sounds like the builder took some short cuts and linked it all in together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭kaymin

sydthebeat wrote: »
    thats an acco drainage channel to take rain water away from your walls... your sink, or any other foul water, should have absolutely nothing to with it, nor should it refill in 15 minutes .....

sounds like the builder took some short cuts and linked it all in together.

As far as I know he has it draining into the sewage system. Where should it drain into?

Advertisement