Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a breeder (All Breeds)

Options
  • 19-04-2020 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Mod note, see post 7.

German Shephard

Hi all, I have been trying to get a new member to our family as our last GSD passed last year. Any breeders i have been in touch with have their litters all gone. Would any body have any contact info of upcoming litters.
    Preferably straight back and IKC registered is a must.
    The price is not an issue once its of a good line.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

evening all

im asking for a good friend she is looking for a golden retriever puppy

anybody on here have or know of somebody with puppies atm

must come from a reliable source with parents to be seen and scored

many thanks

for any pm etc

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭natali1982

Hi.

Looking for a beagle puppy from a reputable breeder.

Would appreciate any recommendation for Ireland or NI.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

No reputable breeder is breeding atm or has puppies available due to the pandemic so this is an easy way to decide if a breeder is reputable or not.

NB by reputable I mean both parents are fully health tested eg for retrievers that means hips, elbows and genetic testing for eye problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Joolz30

Hi,

I am looking for a reputable samoyed breeder in Ireland/ NI

I understand with the current situation there will be none available, but looking to get in contact with breeder regardless for when restrictions are lifted etc.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You can join the breed club's FB page.. but I wouldn't waste my time trying to contact them atm - the retriever club is getting 60-70 enquires per week(!) The secretary is actually going to be on the radio tomorrow after the stories they've heard from people who have gone to puppy farmers - people putting deposits on pups when the bitch hasn't been mated yet, prices being increased because of the demand, non-refundable deposits on week old pups etc etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Guys, I have merged all threads looking for breeders into one thread. Please note that someone also came on looking for a Labrador pup and did not heed the advice given so people may be reluctant to post their replies again.

Please note that getting a pup in the current climate is a very bad idea. The restrictions do not stretch to travel to buy a pup so currently reputable breeders are not homing pups.

For now we will allow this mega thread for discussion but we may put a temporary ban on threads looking for pups if we feel the issue is getting out of hand.

All posters are reminded to be respectful of each others posts.

Thanks,
    CB.

Thanks for getting back to me

Yeah it's such a shame what's going on.

We have been waiting for a pup for years, wanted to get our house sorted for large garden, we were able to alter our work schedules too so dog not home alone. Have been researching the breed for years!

Hopefully can get one by end of year or even early next year!

tk123 wrote: »
    You can join the breed club's FB page.. but I wouldn't waste my time trying to contact them atm - the retriever club is getting 60-70 enquires per week(!) The secretary is actually going to be on the radio tomorrow after the stories they've heard from people who have gone to puppy farmers - people putting deposits on pups when the bitch hasn't been mated yet, prices being increased because of the demand, non-refundable deposits on week old pups etc etc etc

Thanks for getting back to me

Yeah it's such a shame what's going on.

We have been waiting for a pup for years, wanted to get our house sorted for large garden, we were able to alter our work schedules too so dog not home alone. Have been researching the breed for years!

Hopefully can get one by end of year or even early next year!

Hi Joolz30,

I appreciate that you nay have even waiting a while but you really have no option but to wait a few months longer. There is currently a glut of people looking for pups and I expect any enquiries being made now would not be taken seriously. You can ask but you are unlikely to receive a reply. Normally you would contact the breed club with your requirements you want from a breeder and they will suggest breeders to you. The UK kennel club assured breeder scheme is something I would recommended looking in to if you do not mind travelling to ni/uk. I would suggest all potential puppy buyers check the following website for information on what genetic testing should be done for the respective breed.
    http://www.dogbreedhealth.com/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I don't suppose there's any harm to email prospective breeders who have been recommended via the breed society, making it clear that you're in this for the long term... basically say what you've said in your post above?
    It's quite conceivable that there are perfectly reputable breeders who now have pups that were conceived long before this crisis occurred, and would be only too happy to forge connections with people who are ready, willing and able to take a pup when it's safe to do so again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TheRoyals7089

Would anyone have a contact for a reputable cocker spaniel breeder? Looking for either a blue roan, all black or tri colour puppy during the summer. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheRoyals7089

Hi , I was wondering if anyone had a contact for a reputable cocker spaniel breeder? Looking for a blue roan/all black/tri colour puppy over the summer, Thanks.

OK folks,

Just to let you all know, we've taken the decision to ban posts looking for pets until all restrictions have been lifted again. The volume of posts in the last few weeks is more than at Christmas. If you see any posts looking for advice on where to get a pet please report it so it can be locked or deleted.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    CB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement