Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Every Ready 800 series 3V 2 cell battery

Options
  • 03-05-2020 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone know anyone or where one could get one of these. I'm trying to source an Ever Ready 3V 800 series 2 cell battery, older the better but as clean as possible at the same time, if it's a bit rugged then that's fine. They are quite old, even vintage. They were used to power lamps on bicycles back long ago mostly from what I can gather. Required for display purposes only and does not have to be in working order. Photo attached for reference. Check the sheds and store rooms, there's bound to be one around the gaff some where on the Island. Thanks in advance

Link to image: https://imgur.com/hqfp8kl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

Wow- that brings back memories. I had a bicycle torch that took that battery - only once though. When it ran out I could never get another one!

My thought is that any battery that old would probably have leaked by now and would look pretty manky?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 thorny_twig

Glad I gave you a "Blast form the moment" @Deagol - It wouldn't bother me so much if the battery had some sort wear and tear but if I could get one with some sort a resemblance to the original, then that's all I require.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Have a look in Ebay UK, quite a bit of vintage Ever Ready batteries and bicycle lamps to be had

@The Red Ace , yes I'm searching all the other platforms and messaging anyone that may have come in contact with one, very scare item though. I suppose one will eventually pop up.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Advertisement

@MarkR cheers yes, came across those alright and it's on my list to purchase if I can't source an original. Very new looking, missing the solder, just not the same. Looking for something a bit more rustic.

Advertisement