Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

consumer rights?

Options
  • 03-05-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently purchased a bed for 750 euro for a house I've just moved into. As there's no deliveries right now we had to collect it and also as I don't have a van and because of the lockdown my father had to collect it and I couldn't travel with him.

The furniture store is over an hour from my home, my father collected it and brought it back.

Upon seeing it, I quickly realised it wasn't the bed advertised online, they clearly had made a cheaper version themselves. It was a far darker wood with much worse materials and not the same headboard.

I contacted their office the following day and they said no problem to return it but I had to organised the return myself.

Surely they're liable for that as they have falsly advertised a product?

What are my rights here as I'm not asking my father to make another 2 and a half hour round trip?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Practically speaking it doesn't really matter what your rights are, they aren't going to collect it. If they're willing to take it back and refund you I'd do that and simply not use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's unlikely they will collect it as these are special times.
    Just return it for the refund and be done.
    Ring them yourself and give them stink about false advertising and lost money on petrol etc. Maybe they will do you some sort of deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

After getting the money back you could complain to the advertising standards authority and go to the small claims court if you want to give them some grief.

Advertisement