Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing a camera phone photo

Options
  • 03-05-2020 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I took a picture on my phone that I'd love to get professionally printed, mounted and framed. I'm just wondering what's the biggest size I could go to keep a high resolution and not have it come out blurry or pixelated.

Not sure what details are relevant, but here's some:

Resolution: 3024 x 3024
    Size: 5.92mb
    Format: Jpeg

Thanks in advance, and apologies if I sound clueless. When it comes to photography, I generally am!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Hi,

I took a picture on my phone that I'd love to get professionally printed, mounted and framed. I'm just wondering what's the biggest size I could go to keep a high resolution and not have it come out blurry or pixelated.

Not sure what details are relevant, but here's some:

Resolution: 3024 x 3024
    Size: 5.92mb
    Format: Jpeg

Thanks in advance, and apologies if I sound clueless. When it comes to photography, I generally am!
    I'd say anything less than A4 should be fine. You can order multiple sizes pretty cheap from sites like photobox and see which size is best (it'll probably appear pixelated at A4, but better as you go smaller in size). Should cost you less than €15 euro including shipping to get a bunch of sizes printed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,191 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

At the size mentioned, pixelation should not be an issue at A4 - you'd print the image to 10" x 10" at 300dpi, which is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Resolution: 3024 x 3024 Size: 5.92mb Format: Jpeg

With that resolution, 10"x10" should look fine.
    Depending on the content, you might even like 20"x20" but if there are any straight lines in it, it would likely not very good that large. 13" on a side is probably the largest size where it'll look really good from viewing distance. (Around 240 dpi viewed from several feet away. 300 dpi should look good even at reading distance)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Thanks all, much appreciated. That was a good idea re: ordering a few cheap copies to see which size looks best. Thanks again.

Advertisement