Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this gutter installed correctly

Options
  • 03-05-2020 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi, was just up at the roof on our new build and noticed I could see the timber between the gutter and the tiles. In parts the roofing felt is tacked down to cover the wood but in other parts like the attached image has none. Is it ok to have the timber exposed like this or should it be covered in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

firstly I would rather a pressure treated facia board

the aluminium fascia should go a lot higher than that

those nails are a disaster for bringing water back into the wood. the clip fixing is a lot better

why is the gutter so far down from the tiles

I would expect an eases tray there to support the felt and to make sure any water has to drip off into the gutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭insular1

firstly I would rather a pressure treated facia board

the aluminium fascia should go a lot higher than that

those nails are a disaster for bringing water back into the wood. the clip fixing is a lot better

why is the gutter so far down from the tiles

I would expect an eases tray there to support the felt and to make sure any water has to drip off into the gutter.

Thanks for that. Will be contacting the builder once they are back working and will see what he says. Thanks for the input!

Advertisement