Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone working for AnPost here?

Options
  • 02-05-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, does anyone here work for An Post and is familiar with sending letters to the USA?

I need to send 400 non-document letters up to 100g and was told at the post office that the ordinary CN22 customs label isn't sufficient. Apparently I need to enter all info (recipient's address, customs declaration and my address) through their system online or at the counter. For 400 letters, that's days of work.
    Is that right? The person at the counter didn't sound convincing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Will this be in the English ordinary or higher level?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 traveller90

matchthis wrote: »
    Will this be in the English ordinary or higher level?

You're not bringing any value to my question and just wasting your time instead of doing something really good for the community.
    I speak 4 languages and English is not my mother tongue but I reckon you've understood what I've asked for, yet you decided to make unpleasant remarks about the use of your native language.
    How many languages do you speak, if I may ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Ah OP, reply was in jest. I don’t even speak my native language and wouldn’t have guess English wasn’t yours, so fair play to ye. It wasn’t what you asked, but where you asked it. Maybe try your luck here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=144

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

You're not bringing any value to my question and just wasting your time instead of doing something really good for the community.
    I speak 4 languages and English is not my mother tongue but I reckon you've understood what I've asked for, yet you decided to make unpleasant remarks about the use of your native language.

Well your post is not really bringing any value to this discussion site, which does nothing good for our digital community. Its a discussion site not just a place to ask a question and then bounce away for a year until you have another question.

Thanks for joining 3 years ago and only posting 9 times. If you came in more often you would know the theme of 'After Hours'.

Nobody cares how many languages you can speak especially when you dont contribute and just take.

Maybe try a different Post Office branch if you dont like the answer you got.

Bon jovi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭Damien360

You asked in After Hours, which by its very nature is the joke section, random crap section of boards. Did you even look for a more relevant forum ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If they are going to different addresses then yeah, each one will need a customs form.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Why is everyone being a dickhead?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Well your post is not really bringing any value to this discussion site, which does nothing good for our digital community. Its a discussion site not just a place to ask a question and then bounce away for a year until you have another question.

Thanks for joining 3 years ago and only posting 9 times. If you came in more often you would know the theme of 'After Hours'.

Nobody cares how many languages you can speak especially when you dont contribute and just take.

Bon jovi.

Mod

If this is the kind of treatment the OP gets, it's no wonder they aren't active. No need for the character assassination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 traveller90

Bon jovi.

Correct, if I visited the forum more often I would have realised I posted the question in the incorrect category. Apologies for that.
    Having said that, there was no need to post all these unpleasant comments everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The land of the "céad míle fáilte", eh? Looking at this thread, you wouldn't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

blueser wrote: »
    The land of the "céad míle fáilte", eh? Looking at this thread, you wouldn't think so.

Is that two of the languages?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Bon jovi.

I'm obviously missing something here.
    He posted asking about the price off stamps and you've gone through his posting history and told him he shouldn't ask about the price of stamps because he only has 9 previous posts and he has to have a discussion about the price of stamps rather than ask how much they cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Anyone else expecting to be sitting watching CNN in about a week and suddenly realise "Oh dear!!! This rings a bell......"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Hi, does anyone here work for An Post and is familiar with sending letters to the USA?

I need to send 400 non-document letters up to 100g and was told at the post office that the ordinary CN22 customs label isn't sufficient. Apparently I need to enter all info (recipient's address, customs declaration and my address) through their system online or at the counter. For 400 letters, that's days of work.
    Is that right? The person at the counter didn't sound convincing.

I'm not sure but I see their twitter page is quite active (even at this time of day) - you might have better luck there:

https://www.twitter.com/Postvox

Advertisement