Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video recording software

Options
  • 01-05-2020 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to put this question but thought PC Gamers might know:

I will be doing a technical presentation as part of a college course and I want to record it. The content will be me going through aspects of the project and then demonstrating it by running some scripts, showing command line interaction etc.

So, can anyone recommend some decent (ideally free but I will pay a week/month's fee if necessary) video recording software to do this?

Google obviously throws lots of options at me but I'm hoping since I'm against the clock that personal experience from people here will help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gotomeeting
    Zoom
    Screenleap
    Join.me

There are quite a lot, it will record your desktop and voice if you want.

I have used Join me for doing online training and record every one of them with no issues. You can then edit if in any video editing software if you want to speed up or highlight key points.

Also doing practice runs with your key points typed out helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks dreamers75, I should have prefaced that I've used Zoom before and while it gets the job done I was hoping to consider others that may be better or offer something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

If you mean something like what game streamers might use there is OBS Studio. https://obsproject.com/

I don't really use it myself but I know it can do screen recording.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Camtasia is pretty good and there's a free trial so you can give it a go. I found it pretty straightforward to use.

Excellent, thanks for that folks, plenty to work with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

Adyx wrote: »
    If you mean something like what game streamers might use there is OBS Studio. https://obsproject.com/

I don't really use it myself but I know it can do screen recording.

+1
    Free, lightweight and straightforward to use.

I've finally managed to do some recordings and I used obsproject. It's ideal for my needs and extremely easy to get started. Thanks again for the information folks.

Advertisement