Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Bad Dreams

Options
  • 01-05-2020 6:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭

I heard this discussed yesterday on radio and though it was only me. I normally dream as much as the next person but recently they are horrible and so vivid.
    Bizarre stuff and the difference is I can remember small details days later even strange phone no's reg plates,facial details etc...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭rn

I'm experiencing same at the moment. I'm putting it down to subconscious stress in current climate. I don't feel under stress, but I'm uneasy about the future nonetheless.

Is your sleep pattern more disturbed now?

Dreams are best remembered if you wake up during the dream cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Dairy products before bedtime leads to an interesting nights sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I had a very vivid nightmare that turned into a comedy horror, which was quite entertaining. I won't bore everyone with the details, except that in work, the company instigated a secret plan to replace us all by duplicates, a bit like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and killing the originals. It got funny but still unnerving when the duplicates started looking smaller, stronger versions, but with big black quiffs. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I had an unspeakably horrible nightmare the other week.

My kid has nightmares when he sees that episode of paw patrol with the ghosts. I was onto Netflix support last night while he was falling back to sleep. They describe a feature to filter content by name but it is not available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I had a dream i got a pretty awesome blowjob last night :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Has anybody ever died in the dreams?

Wtf ? wrote: »
    I heard this discussed yesterday on radio and though it was only me. I normally dream as much as the next person but recently they are horrible and so vivid.
    Bizarre stuff and the difference is I can remember small details days later even strange phone no's reg plates,facial details etc...:confused:

Why did you not ring the strange phone number? It could be a phone number of a person you knew years ago?

Kylta wrote: »
    Yeah I was killed by a guy dressed like a chef with a cleaver if I remember correctly. Over 10 years ago. I just woke up. If you die in your dreams you just wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

I can hardly ever remember my dreams and when I do they're so banal that sometimes I can't figure out if they actually happened in real life or not - usually work related etc.
    On the other hand, my mother has horrific dreams - always has. She regularly dreams that there's someone chasing her/someone is killing her loved ones/wakes up in the middle of her leaving cert and forgot to study etc..
    She's 60! I presume its anxiety related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sleep is not at all relaxing with vivid dreams every night.

..."To sleep perchance [NOT] to dream" .....if only.

Yeah I was killed by a guy dressed like a chef with a cleaver if I remember correctly. Over 10 years ago. I just woke up. If you die in your dreams you just wake up.

I've never died in a dream unless I don't remember it. I've fell off cliffs but always woke before I hit the ground, and I always thought if you died in your dreams you died in your sleep

I've never died in a dream unless I don't remember it. I've fell off cliffs but always woke before I hit the ground, and I always thought if you died in your dreams you died in your sleep
    Only if you are in a movie.
    And if that happens... well turns out you were only a character in a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Over 20 years, I had this really long episodic dream, but at the end I was looking out of a window upstairs in my house, and turned around to see the Grim Reaper standing, raising his scythe. As he launched it from about 4-5 metres away (social distancing), it turned into just a blade twirling towards me.

Then, everything went grey for about 10 seconds before I woke up, gasping for air with a pain in my chest. Back then, I suffered from sleep apnoea (and still do to a certain extent).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I had a very vivid nightmare that turned into a comedy horror, which was quite entertaining. I won't bore everyone with the details, except that in work, the company instigated a secret plan to replace us all by duplicates, a bit like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and killing the originals. It got funny but still unnerving when the duplicates started looking smaller, stronger versions, but with big black quiffs. :D
    Sounds awesome!!

Only if you are in a movie.
    And if that happens... well turns out you were only a character in a movie.

Are all dreams filmed or shaped as a movie when you dream, its like everything is subconsciously shaped into movie form. There is no reality in dreams. I know ive had recurring dreams over a short period of time, there basically the dreams you remember, its like a deja vue kinda thing when you wake. Ive also had dreams that I was so entwined in that I actually got up during the night had a piss got back into bed and straight back into the dream.
    Maybe dreams are suppose to be the brain way of relaxing, nightmares could be the brain trying to analyse a day that had a person (fu¢ked up/stressed/ or something negative).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm getting flashback dreams...dreams containing assholes, ****, bullies i've encountered over my life...don't know what that means

fryup wrote: »
    i'm getting flashback dreams...dreams containing assholes, ****, bullies i've encountered over my life...don't know what that means

You need to make better acquaintances... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i've had a few mad dreams the past week, but the stand outs were

as a way of turning a few bob, Michael O'Leary turned a disused office tower into a hunger games / maze type obstacle battlecourse where participants had to get to the top by fair means or foul. Trying to walk a tightrope with people throwing ****e at you is really hard, let me tell you. So i get to the top, and there's the bould Mickey giggling like a mad man saying the only way down is to bungee jump down the lift shaft. Which I did - what he didn't tell me was the bungee was longer than the drop. Woke up just before i hit the ground.

Another night, our house got invaded by fellas wearing Irish army gear and driving an APC. We managed to kill and disarm one, and then successfully took out the other 5. The APC had 5 or 6 teenagers handcuffed inside - they were going house to house stealing kids! bastards. Silver lining, we all ended up on the Late Late show to tell our story, wrote a book and that was made into a Netflix movie for gazillions of euro.

for the sake of brevity, these are the readers digest versions - the actual dreams were way longer, far more complicated and way more interesting than described here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I grew a beard during this pandemic, I really like it, but I had a dream that while I slept friends shaved half it off, then I had to shave off the other half to make it look right.
    I was feeling a sense of loss over it. I woke up, felt my face and felt both a beard and relief :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

rn wrote: »
    I'm experiencing same at the moment. I'm putting it down to subconscious stress in current climate. I don't feel under stress, but I'm uneasy about the future nonetheless.

I'm not having particularly bad dreams but my sleep has gone to hell in the last few weeks. I fall asleep easily at night but wake multiple times during the night and cant get back to sleep. I finally wake around 5-6am and that's it then for the day, i'm wide awake and ready to get up. I'm not under any stress and I too am putting it down to the whole current pandemic crisis and future uncertainty.

My dream last night was very vivid for some reason, it wasn't a bad dream in any way but I remember waking up and thinking 'that was a really nice dream' It was about a person I was at primary school with almost 40 years ago. I haven't seen or heard from him since we were 12 and haven't had any thing recently about him to trigger a dream so it was a bit unusual but in no way bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No but I've went over a cliff numerous times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

You need to make better acquaintances... :D
    So funny, So Original

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was shot in the stomach by some Nazi soldiers after watching An American Werewolf in London. It was very painful!

I've had a lot of strange dreams lately, ranging from horrifying nightmares to the plain bizarre with an undercurrent of threat. The other night I vividly dreamt I had twin sons, who were both older than me by decades and were plotting my death. One of them was Nicolas Cage and the other was Marilyn Manson, both of them were wearing blue Converse and they had identical hair. Terrifying stuff. I was very grateful to wake up.

I put it all down to the uncertainty and anxiety of the current situation. Almost everyone I know has had similarly disturbed sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Get some THC into ya, it suppresses REM in some people.

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Get some THC into ya, it suppresses REM in some people.

I wish I could, have a newborn though. Which probably adds to the funky dreaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Vivid dreams can be caused by too much or an increase in magnesium intake.

I started taking sea salt in my diet and I had the most vivid dreams. I'm a farmer. Unfortunately my dreams were about my farmwork. I'd do one days work in reality. Go to bed and do a whole other days work in my sleep. I'd wake up then unsure if I'd spread that fertilizer or milked those cows or fixed that fence.
    I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I cut out the sea salt for a while and the dreams stopped.

Wtf ? wrote: »
    So funny, So Original

Thanks. A dream comment.

• Advertisement

I had the weirdest dream in a while about a month ago..

I was in this room, surrounded by about 10-12 corpses, I was trying to leave, but couldn't find a way out..

I just woke up then..I think there was more beforehand too, but I can't remember it..

Advertisement