Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Between a rock and a hard place

Options
  • 30-04-2020 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

What happens next is anyones guess...

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there like me on a recently granted 482... but Australia blocking temporary residents for now.

:(

Pretty sure I'll just hold on working remotely for the org that sponsored but good lord the news can be a hard pill to swallow when reading what might happen next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

brendanL wrote: »
    What happens next is anyones guess...

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there like me on a recently granted 482... but Australia blocking temporary residents for now.

:(

Pretty sure I'll just hold on working remotely for the org that sponsored but good lord the news can be a hard pill to swallow when reading what might happen next.

It will all depend on whether you can retain employment for the company.

From what I understand in your post you aren't currently in Australia, but have recently taken up employment with an Australian employer.

What you should probably do in this case, as your visa was granted, would be to request unpaid leave if things look like they're heading downhill. They obviously hired you for a reason. This would be to retain the visa and still in good faith allow you to travel when you can.

Advertisement