Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper overflow pipes

Options
  • 29-04-2020 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am wondering has anyone investigated thermal bridging of copper overflow pipes that cross the thermal envelope? I understand they are small but copper is extremely conductive and I noticed this feature in some builds. Does it have a negligible impact?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,003 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

overflow from what?

any overflow ive seen from an over flow tank in the attic is brought over the insulation.

are you talking about a boiler condensation pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

sydthebeat wrote: »
    overflow from what?

any overflow ive seen from an over flow tank in the attic is brought over the insulation.

are you talking about a boiler condensation pipe?

I have the attic level ones and that seems like a good design. The pipe I refer too is at foot level at the back of the house. It isnt the boilers flue but can boilers have copper overflow drains too? I don't know how boilers work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Post a picture please.
    it wont be copper from a condensing boiler.
    It could be a blowoff vent from a pressurised HW system.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭SC024

I have the attic level ones and that seems like a good design. The pipe I refer too is at foot level at the back of the house. It isnt the boilers flue but can boilers have copper overflow drains too? I don't know how boilers work.

safety valve / blowoff outlet from boiler most likely. generally left out where you will see water coming from it. normally copper I believe.

condense will be a white plastic 22mm going to a gulley. dribbles when running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Copper Pipe!

• Advertisement
Advertisement