Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Boxnation

  • 29-04-2020 7:13pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭


    Does anyone know if Boxnation will be made available again to BT Sport Subscribers in ROI, I had it up until the change last August, it is now included with Premier Sports Subscribers in the UK.


Comments

  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg


    It seems not to be available in Ireland any more. When they announced the deal with Premier a while back, they stated “we look forward to announcing details of BoxNation’s availability on Sky in Ireland in January”. But no announcement was made, coronavirus happened which basically put all sports announcements on hold, and since the BoxNation website has been taken down and replaced with a page saying it is available with Premier Sports in the U.K. only.

    Dunno why they are still paying for an Irish EPG listing is this is the case though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942


    icdg wrote: »
    It seems not to be available in Ireland any more. When they announced the deal with Premier a while back, they stated “we look forward to announcing details of BoxNation’s availability on Sky in Ireland in January”. But no announcement was made, coronavirus happened which basically put all sports announcements on hold, and since the BoxNation website has been taken down and replaced with a page saying it is available with Premier Sports in the U.K. only.

    Dunno why they are still paying for an Irish EPG listing is this is the case though.

    Just noticed on Premier Sports Website, it states that Boxnation will be available in May as a standalone channel, also I tried to ring Boxnation but was told that no one was available because of Coronavirus.

    I don't believe they can continue to charge
    €15:00, as there is very little live boxing anymore.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭mackersdublin


    Does anyone know if BoxNation (EPG 427) is part of the Sports Extra pack on Sky TV here in Ireland?


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭Infoanon


    Does anyone know if BoxNation (EPG 427) is part of the Sports Extra pack on Sky TV here in Ireland?

    No - Box Nation is now a stand alone channel


  • Registered Users Posts: 23 gsm_42


    Infoanon wrote: »
    No - Box Nation is now a stand alone channel

    BoxNation is now part of Premier Sports package now, along wit Premier Sports, LaligaTV and Freesports


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭Infoanon


    gsm_42 wrote: »
    BoxNation is now part of Premier Sports package now, along wit Premier Sports, LaligaTV and Freesports

    Only in the UK.

    Afaik LA Liga is a standalone premium in the UK


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone


    Any update regarding this, why should we pay €15 if same channel is free with Premier in UK inc NI.

    Don't see how it's feasible considering lack of boxing atm. Disappointing as I used to have Boxnation and even paid for it for a few years before but it should be the same rules on charging in ROI and UK


  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg


    Any update regarding this, why should we pay €15 if same channel is free with Premier in UK inc NI.

    Don't see how it's feasible considering lack of boxing atm. Disappointing as I used to have Boxnation and even paid for it for a few years before but it should be the same rules on charging in ROI and UK

    No update. It’s still on the Irish EPG but afaik it’s not possible to sign up, only available to people who had it before the Premier Sports deal was done.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone


    icdg wrote: »
    No update. It’s still on the Irish EPG but afaik it’s not possible to sign up, only available to people who had it before the Premier Sports deal was done.

    Very strange that it's not possible to sign up but it's on EPG. I'm just looking at the guide now and there's a live card @3am tonight from US so still some stuff on it.

    Have just read there it's been in decline since Frank Warren got his deal with BT Sport. Unsuprising but disappointing as it was very good for international boxing from US and Germany.


Advertisement