Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advance planning - CX

Options
  • 29-04-2020 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

all advice welcomed

one CX race to my name on a borrowed bike. so am looking to build one and as a complete CX newbie, I need advice from clothing/spare wheels/drive trains/spare bikes/shoes and all that.

i have 2 disc brake bikes with their decent wheels to plunder equipment from so am looking to do this cost effectively. one of them runs DI2, the other mechanical. so ideally a disc frameset and drive train would likely get the ball rolling?

can anyone outline what i need please and where to source.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

What height are you? I'm selling a brand new unused Vitus Energie frameset on CyclingAdvert thread. It's a very light alu frame.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have a CX crankset with attached SPD pedals for nowt, drop me a PM and you can figure out if it suits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

What height are you? I'm selling a brand new unused Vitus Energie frameset on CyclingAdvert thread. It's a very light alu frame.
    I’m 5 11 so your frame looks slightly small , thanks

Advertisement