Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why my ip doesn't change?

• 28-04-2020 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello guys! I have Eircom internet. My IP didn't change in past few months. It should change, DHCP is enabled, so that means it's dynamic IP. DHCP server assigned in router settings, my router model is F2000, anyone else had same issue? I need my ip to change, because I'm streaming, and few times it got leaked, also that would be useful in the future. Stay safe!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Spark1zz wrote: »
    Hello guys! I have Eircom internet. My IP didn't change in past few months. It should change, DHCP is enabled, so that means it's dynamic IP. DHCP server assigned in router settings, my router model is F2000, anyone else had same issue? I need my ip to change, because I'm streaming, and few times it got leaked, also that would be useful in the future. Stay safe!

Generally ISP's have long DHCP lease times. If you power everything off going to bed you should get a different IP the next day.

Not sure what it has to do with streaming though ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

because I'm streaming, and few times it got leaked, also that would be useful in the future. Stay safe!

Yeah.. please explain!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Spark1zz

[PHP][/PHP]
    kenmm wrote: »
    Yeah.. please explain!

When you are streaming, people watching you right? I'm actually getting 50-100 viewers, so all of them know my ip address right now.

ah gotcha - so you are broadcasting then?

Does it really matter? Your public IP address is public anyway..? What platform are you streaming on?

Ok - I see you were asking before and you got DDOS'D - are you streaming direct from your own machine?

• Advertisement

kenmm wrote: »
    Ok - I see you were asking before and you got DDOS'D - are you streaming direct from your own machine?

Yes, twitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Eircom use small pools at the agg, usually it won't change unless you leave your modem off for 3-5hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Can you not use a VPN? I'm surprised twitch doesn't protect it's users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

limnam wrote: »

I doubt that his Ip was leaked from Twitch. It was probably leaked in some other nefarious manner by a viewer that has a vendetta against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

limnam wrote: »

Twitch does.

Historically Skype was the worst leaker. "MrUserName" on Twitch is also "MrUserName" on Skype, gone in seconds.

• Advertisement

Clicked on wrong link, thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Clicked on wrong link, thats all

So all of them know your IP now?

Use a VPN for your browser in future.

Advertisement