Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What adunis got as well......

Options
  • 28-04-2020 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

A 1993 e34 BMW 520i off the back of the lorry bound for the scrap yard,for the princely sum of 46euros cash that I had in my pocket,had to keep Unkel happy and can't afford a Tesla !!!!!!!
    One fuel pump and an allmercyful scrub and she's up n running .
    The above explains my lack of boards input if late.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,724 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ev conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

Eh no.........
    6cyls manual
    Think I'll drive it once in the blue moon 👍👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Excellent. Jebus I nearly gulped when I thought you were scrapping it!
    Love the e34. I'd like a 524/525td
    Mate of mine has an early model 525i e34, savage car altogether. Back in the days when BMW were a luxury car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why did you post this in EV OP? Isn't your 1993 e34 BMW 520i a regular petrol car?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice! I had a late E34 myself, mine was a V8 petrol auto. These cars are getting rare now, I'm surprised you got one for nothing. I guess it's still a few years away from the coveted €56 per year classic motor tax...
    biko wrote: »
    Why did you post this in EV OP? Isn't your 1993 e34 BMW 520i a regular petrol car?

Ah he's a regular poster in this forum and his main two cars are both full EVs. So it's just chat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

adunis wrote: »
    A 1993 e34 BMW 520i off the back of the lorry bound for the scrap yard,for the princely sum of 46euros cash that I had in my pocket,had to keep Unkel happy and can't afford a Tesla !!!!!!!
    One fuel pump and an allmercyful scrub and she's up n running .
    The above explains my lack of boards input if late.

What’s the story behind it ? I scrapped a car a while ago and was issued a certificate of destruction when they picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

Was visiting my dad (whilst social distancing)
    Saw car coming up the road ,old lad went jezz that's Fergus's old car,stopped the driver who is another local,had chat went and got tax book from the previous owner of 22years tied a rope to it installed 17year old who happened to be with me and dragged it home,was entertaining chatting up the 3 X sets of coppers I met going home.......
    Car failed it's NCT 3 years ago on the floppy wiper linkage,was then left outside in the weather with no wiper mech installed ,amazingly I think I can still save the carpets.
    Biggest issue is the wiper mech has disappeared.
    And they're kinda hens teeth espe6 as they were crap from new.
    Mechanical work and service already done NCT booked interior cleaned carpets in progress,no pics will be posted until I've the money to wrap/paint it, unfortunately it looks a bit like it lived in a Tesco carpark and the paint is pretty por.
    I'll take this off to an appropriate forum if y'all are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Reminds me of the time I bought a car for €200. Needed new locks and new ignition barrel after an attempted theft. Set of locks from a breakers yard, a few minutes repinning them, and an hour later it was good to go. Kept if for a year and sold it for €2800. I actually regret selling it, as it's probably worth even more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

n97 mini wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time I bought a car for €200. Needed new locks and new ignition barrel after an attempted theft. Set of locks from a breakers yard, a few minutes repinning them, and an hour later it was good to go. Kept if for a year and sold it for €2800.

I have bought and sold for more many times with little or no work done on the car. But nothing like that, fair play :D

Advertisement