Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Precast Retaining Wall/Shuttered concrete

Options
  • 27-04-2020 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I have 2 difference scenarios;

Need
    1. a low retaining wall (<1.5m) along the back of our house to replace an old stone wall. Has anyone used the precast options? Any idea on cost or how it would compare to a shuttered wall?
    2. Along our front boundary next to the road, I need to replace our gateway entrance. When looking at it, I'd like to replace the whole 'ditch' along the 100m of road frontage. Obviously a stone wall is out due to cost. Block wall looks doable cost wise but I am concerned about strength (road is narrow/slow and trucks may rub off it. But I was also considering a shuttered wall, with maybe a channel along the top for overhanging plants to soften the appearance. Any idea on the cost for shuttering a low wall like this, maybe 1m high? anyone seen anything similar as an external wall without it looking like a nuclear bunker?

Obviously planning will be sought, but I wanted to have a concrete plan before discussing with them (pun intended :cool:)

Advertisement