Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain reaction Cycles query

Options
  • 27-04-2020 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

I had a number of items in my online basket on CRC over the weekend, and when I went to buy today, all but one are now out of stock.

The website gives the option to purchase now, and when all items are back in stock, the order will ship.

I've only ever used CRC once before, so I was just wondering, in general, do they restock relatively quickly, or should I start checking other websites

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

cletus wrote: »
    ...... or should I start checking other websites

If you have search of threads on here, you'll find a number of reasons to do this. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

In light of the above comment, has anybody got recommendations for other more suitable online retailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Bike24 in Germany.
    Probably quicker shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Merlin cycles is usally cheaper but stock is more limited

Thanks for the replies so far folks. This is becoming a bigger faff than I thought it would be. The items I'm looking for are not particularly exotic, but I cant seem to find them all on one website. All I'm looking for is a set of 26"x2.3(ish) tyres, set of tubes to suit, a brake cable kit and a shifter cable kit for mtb, and a 7 speed chain. Am I asking too much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Have you looked locally, like Cycle Superstore or the likes?
    They're still delivering without too much a delay, and given the way things are at the moment I was happy to buy locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Unless I'm buying something that I've spotted going cheap somewhere, I tend to go for bike-discount.de to avoid looking on 10 sites for the best price, maybe worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Plenty of them knocking about in all varieties and also nice and cheap because 26" is apparently dead. :D

I regularly buy off this place and shipping is always spot on.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/shop/mtb-tyres-26-folding-241

Thanks for all of the replies. Loads of sites there to flick through. This is budget rebuild, so the biggest issue is trying to find a single site that has everything I want in stock, without paying huge money. I don't want to have to pay multiple shipping costs across a number of sites.

I did look at the Irish site listed above, but the cheapest 26" tyres are 3 to 4 times the cost of tyres on some of the other sites

Quick update (not that it's particularly interesting), I made my purchases today, used bike-discount de. Thanks for the recommendations

• Advertisement
Advertisement