Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Appliance Delivery during Lockdown

Options
  • 27-04-2020 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm upgrading a few bits at home like a lot of people I guess. I'm wondering about delivery of large kitchen appliances at the moment.

For small packages lately, the couriers drop them, ring and run away. I've a small porch outside with a 1 foot step-up and I don't want 45kg appliances left outside and the couriers run away.

I've asked DID, they said it depends on the driver, they do what they want. :confused:

Harvey Norman have not replied. :confused:

Next I was going to ask Power City.

Bottom line - have you had any large appliances delivered from any of these retailers and will they at least drop stuff inside the front door? If you leave all doors open, they don't have touch anything, keep appropriate distance, surely this is possible. I know installation is not happening. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

What did Powercity have to say?

Have a large appliance delivery tomorrow with the old appliance being taken away. Received a text message with a collection time slot and to say recycling appliance must be ready. Shortly afterwards I received a second text message from a different number, presumably the delivery driver/company to say within our slot time if we could have the appliance ready outside.
    Elysium1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm upgrading a few bits at home like a lot of people I guess. I'm wondering about delivery of large kitchen appliances at the moment.

For small packages lately, the couriers drop them, ring and run away. I've a small porch outside with a 1 foot step-up and I don't want 45kg appliances left outside and the couriers run away.

I've asked DID, they said it depends on the driver, they do what they want. :confused:

Harvey Norman have not replied. :confused:

Next I was going to ask Power City.

Bottom line - have you had any large appliances delivered from any of these retailers and will they at least drop stuff inside the front door? If you leave all doors open, they don't have touch anything, keep appropriate distance, surely this is possible. I know installation is not happening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭lucalux

I bought a fridge freezer from my local Euronics franchise, (one of those long-standing family businesses that are now under the wing of Euronics) and they did next day delivery.

No problem with socially distancing. I just went outside to greet the guy delivering, showed him where it was going and let him work away as I hung out in the back yard.

They took away the old fridge for recycling, which I had cleaned and disinfected fully, and had already brought outside for them, ready to go.

That was their only request, to have the old appliance out and ready to put in the van.

Not difficult with a light appliance, I suppose, and no installation or removal to speak of.

Price-wise, the fifty euro difference in sale price from D.I.D. or similar was not inclusive of delivery or recycling old appliance so it worked out grand for me.

Next day delivery was the best perk of ordering locally. Was looking at a one or two week wait, minimum, from the bigger multiple stores.

Advertisement