Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apology to White River Wheelers Cyclist.

Options
  • 27-04-2020 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

There is a thread on this forum, which is now closed, that referenced The Corona Virus and how it impacted on cyclists.
    On 11th April, I posted that I had seen three cyclists, cycling together, on the Drogheda Duleek road. I said that one of the cyclists was wearing White River Wheelers gear.
    It has now come to my attention, that the White River Wheeler cyclist was in fact, as was his right, overtaking the other two cyclists, when I saw them.
    I now want to apologise here, as I have done in person, to that cyclist for saying, that he had infringed the regulations, that were then in force.
    As far as I know, the person in question doesn't frequent this forum, but I would appreciate it, if somebody from his club would bring this apology to his attention.
    I was wrong, I made a mistake, I apologise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Eamonnator wrote: »
    There is a thread on this forum, which is now closed, that referenced The Corona Virus and how it impacted on cyclists.
    On 11th April, I posted that I had seen three cyclists, cycling together, on the Drogheda Duleek road. I said that one of the cyclists was wearing White River Wheelers gear.
    It has now come to my attention, that the White River Wheeler cyclist was in fact, as was his right, overtaking the other two cyclists, when I saw them.
    I now want to apologise here, as I have done in person, to that cyclist for saying, that he had infringed the regulations, that were then in force.
    As far as I know, the person in question doesn't frequent this forum, but I would appreciate it, if somebody from his club would bring this apology to his attention.
    I was wrong, I made a mistake, I apologise.

They are far far outside their 2k radius thought if they live in the village where that club is from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Big club, large catchment area.
    The cyclist was not infringing any regulations, he was complying with the 2km limit rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Big club, large catchment area.
    The cyclist was not infringing any regulations, he was complying with the 2km limit rule.

Fair play to ya, you made a mistake as we all do sometimes.

You apologized to him in private and now you are doing it in public, good example to be setting and I'm sure the cyclist and his club appreciate your integrity.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement