Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe Sizing

Options
  • 27-04-2020 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hi all, any advice appreciated

I printed off the start rite guide and measured my lads feet. Both have changed size. I'm getting an 11.5G or 11G for my five year old (difference of 1mm in length so margin of error I'd be going with 11.5G).

He's wearing an 11 Geox. Google isn't helping here, Geox seem to be wide fit and he's within the range for their 11 so can I leave him in them for now do you think?

His football boots are outgrown. Anyone got any suggestions for wide fit runners/football boots?

My toddler is in a 5G clarkes and has come up with a 6.5G Startrite so I think I'm just going to order that in the startrite brand for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi all, any advice appreciated

I printed off the start rite guide and measured my lads feet. Both have changed size. I'm getting an 11.5G or 11G for my five year old (difference of 1mm in length so margin of error I'd be going with 11.5G).

He's wearing an 11 Geox. Google isn't helping here, Geox seem to be wide fit and he's within the range for their 11 so can I leave him in them for now do you think?

His football boots are outgrown. Anyone got any suggestions for wide fit runners/football boots?

My toddler is in a 5G clarkes and has come up with a 6.5G Startrite so I think I'm just going to order that in the startrite brand for him.

A Clarke’s 5 would be a startrite 4.5 or something?
    Clarke’s are smaller fittings. Are they very small on him.....because a 6.5 startrite would be like a 7 in Clarke’s!

Geox go in euro sizes which sometimes convert weirdly...check the conversion.
    Some Geox are wider than others. If I was you I would buy the same Geox again in the next size...you could even get them in a different colour? That way you know the style on his foot would be ok! Check out amazon or Geox directly....I have bought from Geox uk and used addresspal.

Take out the insole of the both kids’ shoes, then measure their feet against them. That’s what they always do in Cripps in Terenure.

Advertisement