Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do?

Options
  • 26-04-2020 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there - some advice needed.
    I did something I know was really wrong and is very out of character for me. I'm not sure what the best fix is.
    I get really intense migraines and have a prescription for strong painkillers. Last week, I got one late at night and had none left. I went to look for some ordinary ibuprofen and realized it I was all out. My roommate wasn't home and no pharmacies were open at that point. In the pain/desperation I went into her room to see if she had any without asking. I know this is a real breach of her privacy and have never done anything like this before. I looked on a shelf with her toiletries and her makeup palette fell down and the powder inside broke. It's still usable but obviously not as it was. I am so embarrassed and ashamed. We are not that close and the thought of owning up to entering her space is sickening. On the other hand, if I don't, I'm afraid when she see's it she'll put the pieces together and think I've been using her makeup. Basically, what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Up front and honest, as soon as you see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Leave it and take it to your grave.... I hope you didn't attempt to clean it up... Deniability.....

I always find fire great for these things....

Burn em.... Burn em all

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Just burn the house down, she won't notice then.

Change the locks.....

Put her in the green bin.....

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Fap furiously.

Tell her you were locked and went into her room and slept in her clothes....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

levid4356 wrote: »
    Last week, I got one late at night and had none left. I went to look for some ordinary ibuprofen and realized it I was all out. My roommate wasn't home and no pharmacies were open at that point.

Essential journey, I hope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

It happened last week, surely she would have mentioned it by now.

She probably just assumes it fell off a shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think if you explain it to her the way you explained in your OP she should be okay with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just say nothing. You'll only cause more harm than good by addressing this situation with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 levid4356

She's not back until next week. There's no mess and she may well think she did it herself without noticing. Right or wrong - I'd really rather not bring it up. I've never even been in her room while she's been there so she will definitely find it all very strange.

I'm worried no matter what I tell her, she'll just get the sense I was having a nose for no reason or using her makeup which is even stranger. I think it might be less damaging to plausibly deny than have her tell other people I was rooting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tunsil

I'm all for honesty, but you probably can't own up to it in this situation without irreparably damaging the relationship since you don't know each other that well. I would probably keep that one to yourself and make sure you never do it again. I know migraines can get really bad, but you obviously know you shouldn't do that. Definitely pays to plan ahead when you don't know when they will hit so try to stay on top of your scrips so you're not in that position again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Say nothing at all. If she used it regularly she'd have taken it with her, and it could be a while before she uses it again, so leave it be. Even if she did suspect that you had been rooting around her stuff, she's unlikely to confront you.

New thread next week from a girl who suspects her roommate has been snooping in her room, and asking for advice on what to do. She'll be advised to say nothing, but lock her door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Say nothing and hope she doesn’t notice or care much to ask. I don’t see any benefit in owning up, it’ll only cause friction and you didn’t do it intentionally. It’s only make up and couldn’t have been that important if she was away for a week and didn’t take it with her. Forget about it and if asked, act puzzled in the sense ‘why are you asking me’ sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

She'll get the smell of you off her sheets anyway.

you need to get a local cat, open a window just slightly in her room, let the cat loose in there and close the door.

Stay the f**k out of her room and away from her makeup and underwear, you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Just once you have a good foundation for your story , dont blush and dont try conceal anything in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Did you sniff her Knicks aswell? I'm only asking for a friend

21/25

Advertisement