Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refusing Revolut payment

Options
  • 25-04-2020 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Someone sent me a couple of Euro-shekels via Revolut using my personal phone number.

I don't have Revolut installed and don't want to download that rootkit onto my phone.

What happens if I just ignore this payment - will the sender get refunded eventually?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What happens if I just ignore this payment - will the sender get refunded eventually?

Could it be a scam? I'm only guessing here but I don't think Revolut will allow you to send money to someone who doesn't have an account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Could it be a scam? I'm only guessing here but I don't think Revolut will allow you to send money to someone who doesn't have an account

They will, it'll prompt you to install the app to get the funds.

OP the user will need to contact support if you will not be registering to get the funds back.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

It should just go back - I run a lotto in work and people pay by Revolut. One guy put my number in with one wrong disgust and sent money to me and it went back to him without any need to contact support

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

ASOT wrote:
    OP the user will need to contact support if you will not be registering to get the funds back.

Wrong. Money will go back eventually. 7 days as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yourmama wrote: »
    Wrong. Money will go back eventually. 7 days as far as I remember.

Not wrong at all, if you don't wanna wait 7 days contact support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Someone sent me a couple of Euro-shekels via Revolut using my personal phone number.

I don't have Revolut installed and don't want to download that rootkit onto my phone.

rootkit :rolleyes:

Advertisement