Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal transfer as gift

Options
  • 25-04-2020 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

I can't find Gift option to transfer money on Paypal. Do I need to add money to my Paypal Account first. Does transferring money straight from my Card add a fee that I've to pay or how does it work? T.i.a.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

You just send it through the friends and family option. No charges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Whereabouts is the Friends and Family option? I can't see it! I wonder do I have to have funds in my Paypal Account already for the Friends and Family feature to be an option to avail of or should this option still be available if I'm just paying through Card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Ah I see it now. Just for anyone else with same query, - Person I was sending money to just gave me their contact details / Paypal Profile as a link so I'm not sure if it's possible to "Send to a friend" that way, it might be possible too there may be another method to access it.

However if you just go to Send & Request or just Send, then enter Recipient's Name or Email Address, and key in the amount you are paying them, - the next Screen after that is "What's this payment for?" with 2 Options, Sending to a friend; (Free / No Paypal Fee incurred to send money to a friend,) OR Paying for an item or service; (The Seller involved incurs a Paypal Fee here, but, your eligible items are covered by Purchase Protection using this option.)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If it's actually for a service or goods just be fully aware you have absolutely no come back or protection if it goes wrong such as no item received or not as stated etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

As above, unless you know this person or don't want any protection whatsoever for the money you are sending, do not use friends and family option.

If you are buying something and it's a dud or is not sent, you will have no comeback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement