Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nest Wifi, NAS issue

Options
  • 25-04-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I changed my network recently to incorporate the new Google Nest Wifi. So my setup is modem>GWF>NAS via lan. Simple setup My ISP is Digiweb FTTC. The modem is a Fritzbox 7360 in bridge mode.

The NAS is a DS415+ running DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4.

All devices are online. I can stream from the NAS, and write small files to it without issue. However when I send a file 100mb+ to it, it throws up an error..... Error 0x80007003B An unexpected network error occurred.

It will send the file for a few percent, then drop to 0 speed, then error.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

edit: so Ive taken the GWF out of the equation, using the modem as a wired switch between my laptop and the NAS. Still the same symptoms. Im very confused. Ive reset network settings on the NAS, tried different LAN ports, and different cables

Not even too sure how to fault find this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Temporary disable firewall on PC/laptop and try big file(2-4GB) again.
    check if same is enabled on DS415+ , do second test with it disabled there

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭JamBur

Got it resolved. Thought I had been using all cat6 cables. Turned out there was a cat5 in there that was throttling everything. Strange that it caused failures, but it all seems ok now.

Advertisement