Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black out blinds and sheets

Options
  • 25-04-2020 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

I need to get vertical blackout blinds but can only find online stores that sell the whole contraption- I just need the vertical blinds themselves. Anybody know of a store in Ireland that does this?

I also need black out sheets and found a site (littledreamers.ie). It has a Galway phone number but I would like to know if they ship from a site in Galway.

Or does anyone know of a another store? I would rather not be waiting a week or more.

I also would not be opposed to making something myself but I can’t find the appropriate to block out light.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Little dreamers used to ship from their store. I couldn't tell you how covid19 will affect that. But the shop is (or was) located near the Racecourse. It would be worth giving them a call.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I have ordered other stuff from little dreamers and they are great to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I’ve had great dealings with little dreamers too.

Re the blinds, we got blackout ones for the kids rooms in Ikea, really cheap and they’re perfect. We had the brackets already in place and just slotted in the blind from Ikea. I know you just want the material (I think that’s what you were asking?) but the Ikea blinds are so reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

We have a very light sensitive little boy! We have used IKEA blackout blinds, blackout curtain and a layer of blackout blind cut and stuck to the window frame with heavy duty velcro for years, we use just the curtains in the winter but all 3 layers in the summer with great success! In the current climate if 2km restrictions permitted you may be able to pick up some of this on adverts.ie as eg IKEA aren't delivering. Amazon could sell the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

maxsmum wrote: »
    We have a very light sensitive little boy! We have used IKEA blackout blinds, blackout curtain and a layer of blackout blind cut and stuck to the window frame with heavy duty velcro for years, we use just the curtains in the winter but all 3 layers in the summer with great success! In the current climate if 2km restrictions permitted you may be able to pick up some of this on adverts.ie as eg IKEA aren't delivering. Amazon could sell the rest.

IKEA are not delivering?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

IKEA are not delivering?

Not to me they ain't! I've tried and tried...in Dublin and cannot get a response via email

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

maxsmum wrote: »
    Not to me they ain't! I've tried and tried...in Dublin and cannot get a response via email

I had looked at IKEA but they were the wrong sizes.

Nothing on their site about a shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I looked into getting them made but twas mad money but in the meantime the travel gro anywhere bling might work for you. Found them great sometimes they are a dose to stick up but they do the job.... Tralee Nursery supplies might deliver them or try amazon... could also use the material to put into a blind if you had other material..

Advertisement