Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTW 514: 21/3/20 - 27/3/20

Options
  • 24-04-2020 4:39pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO .... MULTIPLE WINNERS:

Wailin
    49676722458_b516d11c43_c.jpg

and

pete4130
    49685572028_4b9698ffe4_c.jpg

and

NEW WAVE
    GzWJAoU.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

swingking
    49686557787_4a22925a2c_c.jpg

Sonics2k
    49681937483_577d8e444c_c.jpg

parko202
    49701747438_dd529fc4a3_c.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS Guys.
    WELL DONE HMs

The three guys might give us some information on their shots. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Wailin

Delighted be be among the POTW winners well done guys and well done HM's. Thanks again myksyk as always.

I had seen photos of this particular waterfall and knew it was near Glenmalure. I spent a good few weeks searching for it and using east west maps to try and pinpoint it but it wasn't easy as it's not very accessible. But find it I did and I'll definitely be back after heavy rain to catch it in it's full flow!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

First of all thanks to myksyk for his hard work down through the years. Also to all who entered.
    I was somewhat shocked to see I was a shared winner this week.
    I was aware that this kingfisher used this location from time to time and set up my camera to try and catch him diving in to catch fish. However on his first pass after a wait of around an hour he spotted me and flew off. I moved my gear to where I had seen him attempt to land and once again waited. Around ninety minutes later he turned up and landed on the tree root you see in the photo. I took a couple of shots and assume he must have heard the noise of the camera as he quickly departed. I got some shots of him flying off which I posted on boards nature and bird watching site. As soon as restrictions are lifted I will be back to try again hopefully with more luck.
    Camera settings were 1/2000 f5 116 mm iso 1250.

Advertisement