Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conservatory with heating

Options
  • 24-04-2020 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking at a house that has a upvc conservatory that has the central heating radiator build in it aswel. I see in the UK this would not be allowed without planning permission. I am wondering is it the same here and should I ask the sellers do they have it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

if you dont want it but want the house go ahead and when its purchased take the radiator out .

simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What's your issue with it having it connected to central heating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Hurrache wrote: »
    What's your issue with it having it connected to central heating?

No issue, I just want to be sure it was legal, without planning permission

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I never realised there was any issues around it. Any conservatory, including our own, I've been in that were build when the house was being built anyway are connected to the central heating.

Hurrache wrote: »
    I never realised there was any issues around it. Any conservatory, including our own, I've been in that were build when the house was being built anyway are connected to the central heating.

Yes if was built with the house that would make sense. This conversation is new connected to quite an old house so I just checking.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,093 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If this is something you are thinking of buying, it's up to the vendor to provide all the necessary certification... Whether in compliance with planning permission, or exemption from.....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

There is no link in Ireland between rad in conservatory and planning

Either the conservatory needs planning or it doesn’t

As sydthebeat states above the seller should clarify whether the property complies or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,233 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking at a house that has a upvc conservatory that has the central heating radiator build in it aswel. I see in the UK this would not be allowed without planning permission. I am wondering is it the same here and should I ask the sellers do they have it?

Why the reference to the UK, especially since they have now left the EU?

While we may replicate some of their stuff, their rule in the 26 ended in '21 after c 800 years +/-

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Why the reference to the UK, especially since they have now left the EU?

While we may replicate some of their stuff, their rule in the 26 ended in '21 after c 800 years +/-

Great contribution.

Advertisement