Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook comedy

Options
  • 24-04-2020 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

There’s a proliferation of amateur and semi-armature facebook comedians about and while some of them are fairly good, some of them are nothing short of awful.

I find the Fleming family stuff harmless and amusing. The likes of Sir Stevo Timothy was good at the start even if it’s got fairly repetitive.
    Then you have Rory’s stories which I’ve failed to find any humor in ever.
    Towards the bottom there’s a fella called Jimmy jests who is tragically the least funny creation I’ve ever seen masquerading as comedy.

Who if any are your favorites and who are your jimmy jests?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Cian Twomey, about as funny as cot death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Foil, arms and Hogg are decent for a giggle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

They are.

And I second the Fleming family. I think Tadgh is naturally funny and talented. They are just a crazy fun by family

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My friend's sister has taken to putting up videos of her dog singing "funny" songs that she has written. Has gained a lot of traction to the point where it has featured on local radio and she set up a separate FB page for her dog (of course she has). The amount of people saying its hilarious etc is ridiculous. Cringiest thing I have seen in a long time.

She fancies herself as a bit of an Ellen DeGeneres or something, when in reality she is a 40-odd year old woman who calls her husband "hubby" (sure sign of crazy) and seems to revolve her whole life around her dogs and being popular on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How to speak Dublinese and Englishman Plays Risk are comedy classics :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Any thread about comedy in AH invariably descends into a boring whinefest where desperately angry and unfunny men (always men) give out about how all comedy these days is shït.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Another vote for the Fleming family. They are hilarious.

My friend's sister has taken to putting up videos of her dog singing "funny" songs that she has written. Has gained a lot of traction to the point where it has featured on local radio and she set up a separate FB page for her dog (of course she has). The amount of people saying its hilarious etc is ridiculous. Cringiest thing I have seen in a long time.

She fancies herself as a bit of an Ellen DeGeneres or something, when in reality she is a 40-odd year old woman who calls her husband "hubby" (sure sign of crazy) and seems to revolve her whole life around her dogs and being popular on social media.

Have you link?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The unbelievablles are legends but they have started this Facebook/YouTube 'funny accent, angry mother, lad' type comedies

Jon Kenny and Pat Shortt are actually very smart guys away from it all

Killinaskully was diabolical when you think of it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The unbelievablles are legends but they have started this Facebook/YouTube 'funny accent, angry mother, lad' type comedies

Jon Kenny and Pat Shortt are actually very smart guys away from it all

Killinaskully was diabolical when you think of it ha

In their defense when they started out there was no such thing as social media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,201 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I find lots of them have there highs and lows. Never got much good out of Sir Stevo Timothyal all he seems to do is shout and yell.

I find lots of them have there highs and lows. Never got much good out of Sir Stevo Timothyal all he seems to do is shout and yell.

Is a racist aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Homelander

Those Foil, Arms and Hog guys are genuinely the best out of the lot of them, not sure I've ever seen a bad video and they have some real classics.

Rories Stories....a strange one, some of the videos I find painfully unfunny, then sometimes he comes out with an absolute belter. The Tinder one was genuinely funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Your man The Viper is very good. The lad from the Hardy Bucks.

Amateur comedians on facebook are tragic on several levels..it really doesn't lend itself to it..They might have a couple of good ideas initially but within a week it's just repeating the same shtick over and over again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Tadgh Fleming is very good. He should do more stuff on his own. His Dad and family are not funny at all.

Like, a family trying to go viral with comedy videos on facebook..yeah, tragic..

Jesus..I just watched some of it..

I despair for humanity at times..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Homelander wrote: »
    Those Foil, Arms and Hog guys are genuinely the best out of the lot of them, not sure I've ever seen a bad video and they have some real classics.

Rories Stories....a strange one, some of the videos I find painfully unfunny, then sometimes he comes out with an absolute belter. The Tinder one was genuinely funny.

That video was terribly unfunny.

A lot of the Rory’s stores stuff is very funny as it really shows exactly what happens in reality and it’s very funny when you see it done in a bit of an exaggerated way.

He is very funny in fairness, have seen him live too and it’s even better as no holds barred at all. Very nice fella too.
    Is a racist aswell

No he isn’t, the fact you think that just shows you have a very poor understanding of him.

• Advertisement

[quote="Giana Spicy Moped;113277053"

No he isn’t, the fact you think that just shows you have a very poor understanding of him.[/quote]

No he is, was at one of his shows and he told very racist chinese jokes while staring at Asian couple, not a single person laughed, Kathleen told him to stop and move on to the next segment, people walked out, girl was in tears.

[quote="Giana Spicy Moped;113277053"

No he isn’t, the fact you think that just shows you have a very poor understanding of him.[/quote]

No he is, was at one of his shows and he told very racist chinese jokes while staring at Asian couple, not a single person laughed, Kathleen told him to stop and move on to the next segment, people walked out, girl was in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Don't find Rory's Stories funny myself.
    Not funny and everything seems forced.

Advertisement