Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks looking after their frontline and call centre staff.

Options
  • 23-04-2020 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭

A nice article in this mornings Indo saying that PTSB are paying their frontline and call centre staff a CoVid payment of €1000 per month, approx €50 per day, Bank of Ireland are paying theirs approx €300 per month and poor auld Ulster Bank are stumping up €5.50 per day but paying for their lunches also.

These payments will run from the last week in March until first week in May. KBC don't comment on their staff t&cs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Fann Linn wrote: »
    A nice article in this mornings Indo saying that PTSB are paying their frontline and call centre staff a CoVid payment of €1000 per month, approx €50 per day, Bank of Ireland are paying theirs approx €300 per month and poor auld Ulster Bank are stumping up €5.50 per day but paying for their lunches also.

These payments will run from the last week in March until first week in May. KBC don't comment on their staff t&cs.

Fair play to them. Now if they could all sort out their **** customer service, ridiculous charges, and pathetic interest rates, we'd be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Fann Linn wrote: »

lovely heartwarming stuff :rolleyes:

funded by our excessive bank fees including fees from a large cohort of society forced from their job by the state to exist on 350e a week.

The same banks will be harassing the newly unemployed for their mortgage and loan arrears in a few weeks/months and lashing on extra interest for the "mortgage holidays" taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

In a similar vein, my neighbour works as an operative in one of the pharmas in Cork. Load of people out 'sick' etc. The workers who kept coming in for the first month since mid March all got a $2000 bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

We don't get such a bonus, and quite frankly, I dont need it.
    I'm so thankful and grateful to work in an area where I can WFH (and did pre covid sometimes anyway) with no issue.
    I'm just happy that both myself and my partner are fully employed still, working from home, in an industry that is growing.

However, all the above companies are private companies and notwithstanding my gratitude above, remuneration in private companies should have nothing to do with the state

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is that in addition to their normal wages, or instead of?

• Advertisement
Advertisement