Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nova Wireless Broadband problems.

Options
  • 22-04-2020 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

I've been getting poor interconnection over the past couple of weeks with Nova. It's getting worse as time goes on. I've done the reset routers and just connect to the Ubiquiti router on the roof, and it is still the same. If I do a ping test, over a few minutes I get from 3% to 10% packet loss. This happens at any time during the day, or night.

I have sent them an email, but after 4 days I have heard nothing back.

Anyone else on Nova having problems like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I must be alone. :(

Although I see others on Facebook seems to be suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭65535

I must be alone. :(

Although I see others on Facebook seems to be suffering.

It would seem to be a better choice to contact them via their webiste:
    https://www.novabroadband.ie/support/

From their website:
    Our network is experiencing unprecedented levels of traffic at the moment and we are working hard to increase capacity in key areas,

but it may not possible for us to deliver normal speeds for the duration of the current crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭amber2

Just seeing this post now having ongoing issues with Nova since May. I am wondering how your service is now? I have emailed but they don’t seem interested in doing anything just said the issue is bandwidth there is too much of a draw by users in the house, tv & 2 kids granted they use tablets and did online classes and summer exams online but no major draw. Even when we have been out for the day and no Internet has been used all day it’s still ceasing up. Have been with them 5/6 years disappointed in their tech support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I had issues until around late May/early June when the entire area went out due to a fault with their mast. That was resolved in about a day, and since then everything has been fine. Prior to that any support I got didn't make any difference. I was told they made a few tweeks to my setup remotely, but it was not until the mast repair was carried out that everything went back to normal.

Advertisement