Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting Spam?

Options
  • 22-04-2020 12:23pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere that you can report spam coming from an EU company?
    They send 12-15 emails per day to me and lots of other people I know.
    We've all unsubscribed multiple times but it seems the more you unsubscribe the more sh1te you get.
    There must be some regulatory body who can do something about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

If they're using a static IP address, you can blacklist it within your mail server settings.

Depending on your mail provider (G-Suite, Outlook etc) the 'block sender function should work pretty well, or you can use something like blocksender.io or unroll.me to block multiple sources.

Hope this helps solve this issue

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Their mail is automatically deleted as it comes in to me but that's not the issue.
    What I was really trying to find out was there an organisation or watchdog that they could be reported to, and who in turn would take action against them.
    This is a commercial outfit making money from unsuspecting mail recipients by getting them to take part in mickey mouse awards programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You could report them to the data protection authority in their country of origin

mneylon wrote: »
    You could report them to the data protection authority in their country of origin

Yesterday I reported them to our Data Protection Commission so I'll wait to see what happens. If no joy then it's on to the Italians......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Yesterday I reported them to our Data Protection Commission so I'll wait to see what happens. If no joy then it's on to the Italians......

if it's an Italian company then you'd need to go to the Italian DPA:
    https://www.garanteprivacy.it/home

Some sections of the site are available in English

IWA-Junk.png

Yesterday and today so far.......

Advertisement