Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bog oak

Options
  • 21-04-2020 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this...My brother lives in the country side and in the land around them they found what they think is bog oak. I know nothing about the stuff but my mam said it used to be in high demand and can be quite expensive?!

Is this still the case? What should they do with it? He was just gonna chuck it out....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Accidentally

You might get an answer in the Woodcraft forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

There’s a field full of it beyond castlebar on the Achill side and it beside the main road.
    They can’t give the stuff away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place for this...My brother lives in the country side and in the land around them they found what they think is bog oak. I know nothing about the stuff but my mam said it used to be in high demand and can be quite expensive?!

Is this still the case? What should they do with it? He was just gonna chuck it out....?

Brian O'Loughlin near Rathangan makes a lot of sculptures with bog oak.

Dealt with him previously before.

Advertisement