Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U Controller

Options
  • 21-04-2020 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi folks,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum: I did see the Console Modding forum but it's fairly dead, thought I'd have better luck asking here (please move if against rules, Mods)

I've recently softmodded our eldest son's Wii U for our 8 year old, and we are having a great time playing Wii U / Wii / Gamecube games on it.

Problem is with the Wii U games, specifically the controller constantly disconnecting from the console then reconnecting. From looking around the web, it seems that the Bluetooth board on the controller needs to be replaced.

Seems like a very easy fix that even I could handle, but I can't find one for sale anywhere. Would anyone have a recommendation for a site that I can get one (and a new battery while I'm at it)?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

You should be able to get both of those on AliExpress. I definitely saw batteries there before. Shipping may be a problem at the moment though with all the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ghengis

You should be able to get both of those on AliExpress. I definitely saw batteries there before. Shipping may be a problem at the moment though with all the restrictions.

Thanks, Cosmic Smash. I thought Ali Express was the same as Geek/Wish, and I couldn't find it on Geek.

I found a board today on Amazon in the UK for £26 plus delivery, second hand, had a look at Ali Express before ordering.

So having just registered with Ali Express, I've ordered the Bluetooth board, a new battery and a metal front plate for the Wii U. I also ordered 2 new analogue sticks for both Switches in our house, as both left joycons have started drifting.

Total cost €33 and about a month to wait for delivery: I'll let you know if it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ghengis

So, the Bluetooth board finally arrived, and it's the wrong one. It's for the Wii U console, not the gamepad, even though that's how it's described. Only €4, but I'm mostly annoyed that I made sure it was the gamepad board I ordered. Now I know the part number, can't find one anywhere on AliExpress. Drat!

Advertisement