Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Triton Model H

Options
  • 21-04-2020 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭

A new SUV from a new company, so could end up being vapourware.

https://fossbytes.com/this-electric-suv-has-more-range-than-two-tesla-model-3-combined

It’s bloody enormous. An 8-seater with a 200kWh battery, with 700 Mile range. And designed to tow 15,400lbs.

4 motors with a claimed 1,500hp and 0-60 of 2.9 sec.

$5,000 to make a reservation and a total of $135,000 payable within 5 working days. Not sure about laying that down on something which may or may not exist.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Was this not de-bunked as being a scam, or as close to scam as you can get? by this I mean, announce a super massive SUV (which Americans love), that will blow a Tesla out of the water in terms of range while also matching them performance wise, and sit back and wait for the investment to roll in. Then the SUV either never happens, or does happen but nowhere near what was originally promised..

As in, literally all they have are crude mock up's, and a wish list of what they'd like the car to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There's no way on earth that thing is going to get 1100km out of 200kWh with 1500hp motors and the aerodynamics of a semi-D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Miscreant

JohnC. wrote: »
    A new SUV from a new company, so could end up being vapourware.

https://fossbytes.com/this-electric-suv-has-more-range-than-two-tesla-model-3-combined

It’s bloody enormous. An 8-seater with a 200kWh battery, with 700 Mile range. And designed to tow 15,400lbs.

4 motors with a claimed 1,500hp and 0-60 of 2.9 sec.

$5,000 to make a reservation and a total of $135,000 payable within 5 working days. Not sure about laying that down on something which may or may not exist.

I would certainly consider this thing to be "Vapourware" until they can begin some sort of limited series production. Anyone laying down 5k of their money on this without at the very least having seen a pre-production model (as opposed to the CG models), needs to take a step back and look at what else is on offer.

Faraday Future should be enough of a cautionary tale for people at this stage, despite billions being pumped in to the company, it is still on it's knees and has yet to deliver a single customer vehicle.

I'm also surprised that Chevy isn't breathing down their throat at this stage, the SUV looks remarkably like a Suburban :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is there a shower in that thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Miscreant wrote: »
    I would certainly consider this thing to be "Vapourware" until they can begin some sort of limited series production. Anyone laying down 5k of their money on this without at the very least having seen a pre-production model (as opposed to the CG models), needs to take a step back and look at what else is on offer.

Faraday Future should be enough of a cautionary tale for people at this stage, despite billions being pumped in to the company, it is still on it's knees and has yet to deliver a single customer vehicle.

I'm also surprised that Chevy isn't breathing down their throat at this stage, the SUV looks remarkably like a Suburban :)

It’s 5k down with a other 135k , 5 dats later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

JPA wrote: »

That'll be in the XL King version... this version only has a toilet & a Queen size bed, with kitchenette

• Registered Users Posts: 21,526 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It looks like a suburban 2500
    Gimme!

ted1 wrote: »
    It’s 5k down with a other 135k , 5 dats later
    That's only for the founders series.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

JPA wrote: »

I see what you did there. :D

Advertisement