Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knee pain - not requesting medical advice

Options
  • 20-04-2020 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

I was off the bike for a few a months during the winter for personal reasons. In order to keep the weight off I did gym work at lunchtime. Did plenty of squats. Maybe too heavy. Maybe with terrible technique. I felt a few minor twinges but nothing serious at the time but eased off the squats. Anyway, back on the bike a month now. Very much easing into it, but my knee is sore in the same place and if anything, it's getting worse.

Question is (and I hope this is ok to ask, mods): is this a job for a physio? Or as a gp referral is needed for an mri anyway, should I go straight to gp? Dont want to be wasting time with this. Not looking for medical advice/diagnosis, just which expert is best placed to help! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

I was off the bike for a few a months during the winter for personal reasons. In order to keep the weight off I did gym work at lunchtime. Did plenty of squats. Maybe too heavy. Maybe with terrible technique. I felt a few minor twinges but nothing serious at the time but eased off the squats. Anyway, back on the bike a month now. Very much easing into it, but my knee is sore in the same place and if anything, it's getting worse.

Question is (and I hope this is ok to ask, mods): is this a job for a physio? Or as a gp referral is needed for an mri anyway, should I go straight to gp? Dont want to be wasting time with this. Not looking for medical advice/diagnosis, just which expert is best placed to help! Thanks.

You'll be lucky to find a physio clinic open in these strange times, so GP probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

You're probably right. And I really don't want to be having unnecessary personal contact, medical folks have enough to be worrying about right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

Certainly start with a chartered physio. Some are able to do a good job remotely. Some even seeing people in person I’m sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

There was a question asked about physios on the AR forum, and apparently there are some that are open for remote consultation (Pierce street physio being the example I can remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Thanks Enduro. I know Aidan at Pearse St from my AR days! Will give them a shout, seems a sensible approach.

• Advertisement
Advertisement