Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR Beware

Options
  • 20-04-2020 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience of being duped by this crowd.

I was for over 3 years a customer subscribed to the prepay 20EU/Month deal of unlimited data and free national calls.

In October last year I went to top up as I do, though I was convinced by the salesman on the day that I was missing out on this great deal where I could get exactly what I had been getting all for 14.99 for 6 months. After that it would be 29.99, though he said I could cancel after the first 6 months.

Surprise surprise my first bill was 35EU, they explained it was a joining fee, alright says I, still worth it if I consider next 5 months at 15EU. The next 4 bills were 15EU. After receiving my 5th bill I tried to contact them, after 2 incidences of being on the phone for well over an hour I could not get hold of an EIR rep, tried their online chat, nothing. Wrote an email to cancel ... nada.

Fast forward to my 6th bill and it's come in at 25EU (should have been 15 according to the salesman, it was my 6th bill), I manage to get through on this occasion and they explaind my billing period does not match with the day I signed up and it's this that has caused the inflated bill, oh right, of course.

They also said I cannot cancel it for the next 30 days, I am 'locked in' to paying this 25EU and next month's 30EU due to a 30 day rolling policy (funny that wasn't explained to me when I was convinced into signing up)

Good luck to them trying to get next month's 30EU, a phone call to my bank will be in order. Along with a change in network provider.

Anyway after all this I did some maths:

1: Under my old prepay I'd have paid 6 x 20EU = 120EU.

2: On this 'unbeatable ya be mad not to' contract I paid 1 month at 35EU, 4 months at 15EU and this month at 25EU = 120EU

So, I ended up not saving a cent, but gave myself an awful headache and wasted hours upon hours trying to get through to them. They also lost a loyal customer who has been with them since Feb 2016.

Buyer Beware.

Advertisement